Help in Locked Patches??

Aug 21, 2008 at 2:01pm

Help in Locked Patches??

Hello..

I’m relativly new to Max, so thought it would be a good idea to turn this option ON for the time being, but it doesnt seem to work. I have the option ticked in the ‘option’ menu and its also ticked in the assistance tab of the preferences, but I get no help files or assistance when a patch is locked. I’ve restarted Max after selecting this option, but still nothing.

Its not a big problem, but was just wondering if I’m doing something wrong?….. or is it broken?

Im using XP with Max 5.0.4

Thank you

Matt

Aug 21, 2008 at 5:58pm

I have the same result on MacOSX 10.5. The help-docs even state that you should be able to access help-files while the patcher is locked according to this vignette I found:

“By default, Max help files are only available when a patcher window is unlocked. You can set Max to let you access help files from a patcher window when it is locked.

Enabling help files in locked Patcher windows:

Choose Preferences from the Max/MSP menu (Macintosh) or the Options menu (Windows) to show the Preferences Window. Click the Assistance tab to show the preferences. Click in the Help in Locked Patchers checkbox in the Preferences window. When this option is checked, you will be able to use Assistance even when a Patcher window is locked. The Max application keeps track of this setting, and it will be enabled or disabled depending on its state the last time you quit the program.”

Hopefully someone from Cycling74 will be able to clear this up…

Aug 21, 2008 at 6:10pm

Scratch that, on MacOSX, it doesn’t always react on my machine to option-clicking but after awhile I’m able to get it to work.

Aug 21, 2008 at 6:17pm

and one last one, try selecting the option, then quitting out of Max5 then restart Max5. maybe this’ll work for you. otherwise, perhaps it always worked and i may have been hallucinating the problem on my machine :p

Aug 21, 2008 at 6:27pm

Yup it does work, I just needed to Alt Click an oblect to bring up its help file…. silly me.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.