help: jitter startup auto quit

Mar 22, 2007 at 1:15pm

help: jitter startup auto quit

hi`
My max/msp/jitter was working fine before.
i couldnt open the program until i installed the latest verion of Skype. i had already uninstall Skype immediately.

i did uninstall and reinstall the maxmsp and it works again with maxmsp “only”. it doesnt work with jitter.

the program automatically quit when the program just about to load the jitter.

did anyone know whats wrong with my computer?

#30967
Mar 22, 2007 at 1:39pm

#99727
Mar 22, 2007 at 2:08pm

i am using PC, P-D 2.8Ghz, 2GB ram
- WinXP sp2
- Max/MSP 4.6.2
- Jitter 1.6.2
- Java SE Runtime 6

#99728
Mar 22, 2007 at 3:19pm

On 22 mars 07, at 15:08, pat wrote:

> i am using PC, P-D 2.8Ghz, 2GB ram
> – WinXP sp2
> – Max/MSP 4.6.2
> – Jitter 1.6.2
> – Java SE Runtime 6

What happens if you put a text file called “jitter-config.txt” in
your search path with the line “jitter java 0;” (without quotes) in
it. Does it still crash?

Thanks,
ej

#99729
Mar 22, 2007 at 4:13pm

it is working now!!
thank you for your help!

will some of the functions disable by the “jitter java 0;” jitter-config.txt file?

#99730
Mar 22, 2007 at 4:39pm

pat skrev:
> it is working now!!
> thank you for your help!
>
> will some of the functions disable by the “jitter java 0;” jitter-config.txt file?
>
Yes. (guess which ones?) the java is deactivated. I had the same (type
of) problem. Downloading the latest minor update of java fixed it, even
though the version I had was just weeks old. I’d go to suns website and
download the latest.

Andreas.

#99731
Mar 22, 2007 at 4:45pm

thank you for your reply too!
form the sun java site:

-Standard Edition
Java SE 6
J2SE 1.5.0
J2SE 1.4.2
J2SE 1.3.1

-Enterprise Edition
Java EE 5
J2EE 1.4
J2EE 1.3
J2EE 1.2.1

which one i should install?

#99732
Mar 22, 2007 at 4:52pm

On 22 mars 07, at 17:13, pat wrote:

> will some of the functions disable by the “jitter java 0;” jitter-
> config.txt file?

Thanks for confirming. Now try this:
- in the “max.java.config.txt” file located in C74:/java/ change the
line “max.jvm.option -Xms16m” to “max.jvm.option -Xms64m”
- delete the jitter-config.txt file (it was just too make sure your
problem was related to java)
- restart Max.

This should fix the problem, and you’ll be able to use java.

Cheers,
ej

#99733
Mar 22, 2007 at 4:58pm

Standard SE 6 – the version 6′s are being updated, so that it’s for
instance “version 6, build 7″.

I hope this works for you.
Andreas

pat skrev:
> thank you for your reply too!
> form the sun java site:
>
> -Standard Edition
> Java SE 6
> J2SE 1.5.0
> J2SE 1.4.2
> J2SE 1.3.1
>
> -Enterprise Edition
> Java EE 5
> J2EE 1.4
> J2EE 1.3
> J2EE 1.2.1
>
> which one i should install?
>
>
> .
>
>

#99734
Mar 22, 2007 at 5:08pm

Quote: Emmanuel Jourdan wrote on Thu, 22 March 2007 10:52
—————————————————-
> On 22 mars 07, at 17:13, pat wrote:
>
> > will some of the functions disable by the “jitter java 0;” jitter-
> > config.txt file?
>
> Thanks for confirming. Now try this:
> – in the “max.java.config.txt” file located in C74:/java/ change the
> line “max.jvm.option -Xms16m” to “max.jvm.option -Xms64m”
> – delete the jitter-config.txt file (it was just too make sure your
> problem was related to java)
> – restart Max.
>
> This should fix the problem, and you’ll be able to use java.
>
> Cheers,
> ej
>
—————————————————-

i had changed the max.java.config.txt and deleted the jitter-config.txt file.
it is working fine now.
thank you so much!!
can i ask wht is the different between -Xms16m and -Xms64m?

#99735
Mar 22, 2007 at 5:10pm

Quote: Wetterberg wrote on Thu, 22 March 2007 10:58
—————————————————-
> Standard SE 6 – the version 6′s are being updated, so that it’s for
> instance “version 6, build 7″.
>
> I hope this works for you.
> Andreas
>
> pat skrev:
> > thank you for your reply too!
> > form the sun java site:
> >
> > -Standard Edition
> > Java SE 6
> > J2SE 1.5.0
> > J2SE 1.4.2
> > J2SE 1.3.1
> >
> > -Enterprise Edition
> > Java EE 5
> > J2EE 1.4
> > J2EE 1.3
> > J2EE 1.2.1
> >
> > which one i should install?
> >
> >
> > .
> >
> >
>
>
—————————————————-

my maxmsp is working fine now`
and i m using the latest jave runtime now.
thank you for your help too!

#99736
Mar 22, 2007 at 5:15pm

On 22 mars 07, at 18:08, pat wrote:

> can i ask wht is the different between -Xms16m and -Xms64m?

As far as I remember, this is related to some garbage collector
mechanism. Anyway, the problems appears on windows with java 1.6, and
this fix it. It’ll be included in the forthcoming 4.6.3 version.

ej

#99737
Mar 22, 2007 at 5:35pm

> On 22 mars 07, at 18:08, pat wrote:
>
>> can i ask wht is the different between -Xms16m and -Xms64m?

It is the initial heap size that the JVM allocates. In this case 64MB
instead of 16MB.

Here’s some relevant documentation of the JVM options:
http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/gc1.4.2/

http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs61/perform/JVMTuning.html

And here’s sun’s documentation of the bug introduced with Java 1.6

http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6465357

-Joshua

#99738
Mar 22, 2007 at 7:54pm

Thank you for all your help!!

pat

#99739
Mar 22, 2007 at 7:56pm

Quote: Emmanuel Jourdan wrote on Thu, 22 March 2007 11:15
—————————————————-
> On 22 mars 07, at 18:08, pat wrote:
>
> > can i ask wht is the different between -Xms16m and -Xms64m?
>
> As far as I remember, this is related to some garbage collector
> mechanism. Anyway, the problems appears on windows with java 1.6, and
> this fix it. It’ll be included in the forthcoming 4.6.3 version.
>
> ej
>
—————————————————-

thank you so much for your help ej!

pat

#99740
Mar 22, 2007 at 7:57pm

Quote: jkc wrote on Thu, 22 March 2007 11:35
—————————————————-
>
> > On 22 mars 07, at 18:08, pat wrote:
> >
> >> can i ask wht is the different between -Xms16m and -Xms64m?
>
>
> It is the initial heap size that the JVM allocates. In this case 64MB
> instead of 16MB.
>
> Here’s some relevant documentation of the JVM options:
> http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/gc1.4.2/
> http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs61/perform/JVMTuning.html
>
> And here’s sun’s documentation of the bug introduced with Java 1.6
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6465357
>
>
> -Joshua
>
—————————————————-

thank you for your information!

pat

#99741

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.