Help Max 6 does not start
Jun 30, 2012 at 4:59pm
Help Max 6 does not start
Hey guys I need your help!
- Max installed on Windows 7(64bit), never had a problem, worked fine. Since today: nothing. If I double click the App nothing happens. Not even an error or crash report. (after some tryouts my anti-virus-software once blocked the app and every time in the task-manager appears a max-process for a few seconds)
What I tried:
- open with admin-rights
There is no way. It does’t work.
I don’t understand why it worked the whole time and now it doesn’t. What I did was deleting the content of C:windowsTEMP to get more free disk space. Could that be the problem? But why isn’t it possible to get it working when I totally reinstall the software?
It was totally no problem to download Max 5, install it and run it. No problems at all.
Please help, I need Max very soon for my working.
In case that it could be useful: my System is a Lenovo ThinkPad L520, i5, 8GB Ram running Windows 7 Professional, x64
Thanks for all advices and comments.
Jun 30, 2012 at 5:30pm
Couple of questions
Does the runtime app start?
Do not uninstall Pace, you need to have that stuff installed in order for Max to run. Try reinstalling the end user Pace drivers from
If you start up debugview before trying Max, what messages do you see?
Jun 30, 2012 at 6:29pm
Thanks. Reinstalling the Pace-Drivers didn’t change anything.
I can’t run the debugview. There is nothing captured. The site you posted does’t say DebugView supports Windows 7.
I’m afraid it’s still not solved…
Jun 30, 2012 at 7:30pm
by the way: the Max Version I’m using for the reinstall is 6.0.5
Jun 30, 2012 at 9:03pm
Debugview works fine on WIndows 7.
You might also try disabling antivirus software.
If it’s still not working, we’ll need to address this in support.
Jun 30, 2012 at 9:25pm
yes. right. now it worked. thats what comes out:
00000001 0.00000000 [FFFFFA800BCB3D10] WskProIRPGetAddrInfo is called.
Jun 30, 2012 at 9:46pm
Looks like sqlite is not loading.
It’s possible that something has happened to your computer to disrupt the operation of the SQLIte database engine used by Max6.
You might be able to verify this by removing sqlite.mxe from the Max 6.0Cycling ’74extensions folder and trying again, but you will not have database functionality, including autocompletion and a bunch of other things.
Please submit a report to support if you haven’t already.We’ll try and help you through that channel.
Jun 30, 2012 at 9:57pm
Thanks a lot. Doesn’t help to delete the sqlite.mxe but maybe reparing the SQLite database could help, I’ll try. But thanks so far.
Jul 1, 2012 at 8:21am
I just downloaded Max 6.0.5 to run on Windows 7 & I’m running into the same exact problem as described by david_r. And yes, no problem running Max 5. I’ve tried the same remedies suggest here but to no avail.
Glad to see the issue’s been brought up…just hope there’s a solution soon. And yes, thanks for the suggestions.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.