Forums > MaxMSP

Help My Patch Work Please!

March 1, 2012 | 9:52 pm

HI Everyone,

I am fairly new to Max so I become stuck a fair bit. So to make it easier than asking many questions I have attached my patch and commented in caps what I am trying to do.

The Aim of my Patch:
THE AIM OF THIS PATCH IS TO PLAY 9 DIFFERENT VIDEOS THAT I HAVE IN A FOLDER ON THIS COMPUTER NAMED 1-9. I THEN WANT THE PATCH TO RANDOMLY ORDER THEM. WHILE THE PERSON DOING THE TEST ANSWERS BOTH THE QUESTIONS BELOW THE VIDEO. I THEN WANT ALL THE DATA OF WHAT VIDEO WAS PLAYED AND THE ANSWERS LOGGED, AT THE MOMENT THEY ARE SENT TO THE MESSAGE WINDOW HOWEVER MAX CREATING A TEXTFILE WITH THE DATA WOULD BE BETTER.

Attachments:
  1. TestApp.maxpat

March 2, 2012 | 8:11 am

Bump

March 2, 2012 | 10:42 am

Hopefully this doesn’t come off as crass, but I hope you’re not expecting someone to build your patch for you – You asked this question earlier and I replied with directions and objects you should research to help you reach your goal. The framing of your question is setting off some flags for me, and possibly the other members of the forums, – though I cannot speak for anyone but myself – that make me think this is either a class project or some other type of assignment.

Assuming I’m in the wrong, I will ask you a question in response: Have you gone through the tutorials yet? Most of your questions are probably covered by the initial basic Max tutorials, specifically see Message Ordering (tutorial 5), Movie Playback (tutorial 12), Data Collections (tutorial 18), and possibly Cellblock (Data tutorial 4).

March 2, 2012 | 10:58 am

Hi MuShoo

No you don’t come across as crass. I don’t expect anyone to build it for me, more of a nudge in the right direction in terms of different objects I could use. A friend told me that there is a good community on here with lots of help and tips.

This is not a class project but more a subject I am interested in, and if it works, will be presented as extra background research for when applying for jobs within the industry.

As for tutorial I didn’t know they had any, I apologise (again, very new to max).

Many thanks on highlighting the specific tutorials!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)