Forums > MaxMSP

Help Needed with Multiple Audio files patch.

April 26, 2014 | 10:57 am

Hi all,

I’m a bit of a newcomer when it comes to Max. I’ve only ever used it to programme mxj objects before.

I’m trying to create a patch that loads in 3 audio files, plays them all simultaneously and allows the user to switch between the 3 – allowing a direct comparison.

I’ve got my sfplay~ set up and that’s all working as I’ve attached an open message to check.

So far I’ve got folder set up to take the files from any folder dragged into dropfile. Folder’s then put into umenu and this does indeed display the wav files that are dropped in.

I’ve additionally got an sflist~ but I’ve no idea how to connect it to the audio files in umenu to make it work!

Am I going about it in the right way, or is there a simpler way? How’s best to get sflist~ and umenu talking and thus the respective audio files playing simultaneously?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

KingAndaval

Attachments:
  1. multiaudio.maxpat

April 27, 2014 | 6:45 am

Anyone? :(

I’m really rather stuck with this :(

April 27, 2014 | 7:13 am

you’d rather have 3 sfplay~ running at the same time, of which 2 have their volume down, only 1 can be heard, than using sflist~ ; sflist~ does not really suit well what you want

April 27, 2014 | 7:16 am

Thanks for your reply, Vichug. I’d started with sflist~ as umenu presents a nice way of switching between files but I guess I’d glazed over the easier route!

I’ll give it a go and bump this thread if I run in to any further problems.

Many thanks :)

P.s. would you happen to know a way to be able to load files in to the 3 respective sfplay~ objects at the same time? Or will it just have to be a one by one job?

April 27, 2014 | 12:22 pm

ye, let me try !

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

April 27, 2014 | 2:23 pm

Thanks Vichug, that works a treat. I’ll incorporate it in to my patch.

Attached is my latest version of the patch.

I’ve got a simple select object set up so that it automates the levels of each sfplay depending on which umenu item is chosen and that works really well.

I’m part way through adding another bit that automates the number of sfplay objects used depending on how many files are in the umenu which works to an extent but needs some refining with some logic.

Thanks for your help :)

Attachments:
  1. multiaudio1.maxpat

April 27, 2014 | 3:02 pm

hth :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)