Help Patches

Jul 11, 2012 at 4:04pm

Help Patches

Hello.
I love the max help system. But, you know, there are several help patches that, as soon as you open them start playing sound, for example the adsr help file. If you use these help files very often, and i use this specific help file quite often since the simple poly synth is quite handy for debugging things for example, this gets really annoying. wouldn’t it be much nicer if the user would have to switch on eg. a [ggate] before hearing anything?
btw. if you don’t know a help file already, and if you have audio turned on, and your speakers are really loud, but the patch you are working on is turned down in volume, such a “start-playing-automatically”-helpfile can be a great surprise, especially when working really concentrated, at night maybe, not wanting to disturb your neighbours. please do something against my fear of helpfiles cycling! :)
cheers!

Jul 11, 2012 at 5:01pm

I’m pretty sure this only happens when you already have left system audio on from another patch when you open the help file. If I’m somehow wrong then it should simply be a matter of turning audio off in the help patch and then saving the help patch in that state.

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:05pm

I tend to turn on/off Audio globally by
[toggle]
I
[dac 1 2]
or just in the audio status window. Do you mean it wouldn’t happen if i just turned on audio for a certain patch i’m working on? I find that a bit cumbersome.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.