Forums > MaxMSP

Help! please, synchronisation problem: Incdec > Multislider >Table in sequencer

January 22, 2012 | 8:07 am

Hi everyone,

I’ve been working from several weeks to "recompose" in another way a great sequencer from Katsuhiro Chiba. I’m trying to do it in 32 steps maximun, that can be change the size.

The BIG problem I have is in the subpatch "‘pourslices". When I use the incdec object to change the metric of sequencer the index & values that I get are not the same as the Multisilder and the table object. And THIS is the make the connexion completelly asynchonus.

Also I can’t resolve when the indec object is use, the sliders that had been scroll before must keep the change configuration. SEE the way I’ve resolved in the subpatch "pourpitch".

Thanks you for your help. I’m stuck!! – and very tired :-(

Ps: Others ways to solutions this??? using coll…..etc,

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

January 22, 2012 | 12:10 pm

I’d love to help, but you’ve posted the entire patch – not only can’t I read it, it’s really difficult to dig into the multislider part itself.

Can’t you post just the part that isn’t working for you? A stripped-down example of what you’re looking for? At least separate the objects so the patch is readable? The ui is a mess like in the old days where we didn’t have the glorious presentation mode :)

Is the multislider "just" a sequence? In that case, why is there a table in the first place? Seems redundant, non?

January 22, 2012 | 1:34 pm

Hi Wetterberg,

Thank you for tacking your precious time to see this messy patch ! I’ve change and order the objects and adding the presentation mode.
The sequencer that I ‘m working, is base from the old 16 steps(fix) sequencer "Picnicry" of K.Chiba made in Max 4.5!. The use of the table object is extremely important ’cause each parameter (step, pitch, reverse and others) are control by tables in others subpatches (not included in this patch, but if someone is interesting……..)
The multislider is the representation of the 32 slices of the sequencer (originally in dial object) This multislider’s way, was used for Chiba’s Cyann patch (amazing!!)
Hope this patch will give you a better view of my problem to resolve. Any kind of suggention is welcome. Thanks!

January 22, 2012 | 1:59 pm

I’m sorry, I can’t help you. Hopefully someone else can read this patch. I don’t even know what the patch is supposed to do.

January 22, 2012 | 10:11 pm

I’m with Wetterberg on this, you should break it down to smaller chunks that illustrate the problem you’re having. You should describe what steps to take to illustrate the problem, state what does happen, and state what should happen.

Also, if I were you, I would not take anything directly from the IncDec output, as it knows nothing of numeric limits. I would take my output from the number box that has its limits set appropriately. You should decide on whether the sequencer counts from 0 or 1, set that in stone, then adjust as needed elsewhere in the patch.

Here’s your patch edited to be an exploded view for editing ease:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)