Help: Problem with Max 6 object inspector

May 2, 2012 at 11:45am

Help: Problem with Max 6 object inspector

The problem is that, on starting a new patch, I am unable to open the object inspector when I have an object selected. Pressing command I highlights the menu in which the object inspector option resides – but it doesn’t open. Another wierd thing is that the object inspector works in any project I created as of a few eeks ago, but as of a few days ago, it does not work in any newly created patcher.

Thankfully the project I a working on was created a few months ago so the object inspector works. But if I am to work on a new patcher I have to either deal without the object inspector – or copy and paste objects between the newly created patcher and the old project to gain access to the object inspector menu.

May 2, 2012 at 4:19pm

What OS, computer model, and exact version of Max are you running?

Try quitting Max, then trashing your Max 6 preferences folder:

~/Library/Application Support/Cycling ’74/

If you are still having problems, drop a note to support at cycling 74 dot com.

-Ben

May 2, 2012 at 6:01pm

I am running OSX 10.6.8 on an Intel core i7 macbook pro. Running the latest version of Max, 6.0.4. I was experiencing a few other problems, like the greying out of functions – and constant crashing. Deleting the preference file does seem to have fixed the inspector issue! I will just give it some time and see if it has resolved everything else.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.