help : problems building application as standalone

Mar 5, 2006 at 5:02pm

help : problems building application as standalone

Hi everyone, this is my 1st post. Sorry if it’s already been asked

I am having problems opening built applications (.exe) in runtime on windows XP using MSP/MSP 4.5.5.

This happens upon load up of the .exe using Runtime

If its any help the error on my machine reads….

AppName: collective app.pat-build.exe AppVer 4.5.5.50 ModName asintppc.dll ModVer: 0.410.0.0 Offset: 0008152c

I had a rumage around the web and managed to download something called Granular Spatializer.exe and that also seems to crash

I have tried the same, built applications on my housemate’s pc and I am having the same problem

I am panicking because I have built something as a product idea for my final year dissertation. I was relying on handing it in as .exe which could be then looked at by the examiner. Forgive me.

Your help would be much appreciated

Dan

#24720
Mar 5, 2006 at 5:04pm

I have read the posts about patches containging period characters twice not working but I have a feeling its something else.

#71960
Mar 7, 2006 at 1:39am

anyone?

#71961
Mar 7, 2006 at 2:47am

try naming it something without two periods in it.

try calling it foo.exe

Let us know if that works. I have no idea why the Granular one is not working.

What is the link to it?

Cheers

Andrew

#71962
Mar 7, 2006 at 12:29pm

Thanks for the reply

I have found a built application which works so its not a problem with my pc setup or anything

Im going to have a second look at this, double check that i am importing every p patcher file (counted 13 of them) and give it another try. I have found that there is a coll object in there so Im reading up on how to solve this now

I will upload a version when its closer to completion unless I get really stuck.

Theres some images here tho, its basically a mathematical midi sequencer (an ugly looking one lol)

http://www.thedivide.co.uk/MSP/iiiath.JPG

Cheers

Dan

#71963
Mar 7, 2006 at 12:32pm

Thanks for the reply

I found a built .exe application which works so its not a problem with my pc setup or anything

Im going to have a second look at this, double check that i am importing every p patcher file (counted 13 of them) and give it another try. I have found that there is a coll object in there so I’m going to have to create a file for it. Just looking into this now

I will upload a version when its closer to completion unless I get really stuck, basically im making a mathematical midi sequencer

http://www.thedivide.co.uk/MSP/iiiath.JPG

Dan

#71964
Mar 7, 2006 at 12:46pm

it works!! :D

#71965
Mar 8, 2006 at 12:18am

Heres the built application…

http://www.thedivide.co.uk/iiiath/DJF-IP2.rar

Someone emailed me asking me how I got it working

There’s a bug in MAX/MSP which basically causes any patches with more than one period character (‘.’) in the naming to crash on load. Check your max patch for any patcher p files with names like p foo.pat.etc or p synth.cycle.whatever

Make it all lowercase just to be safe

If your using files which require other embedded files to operate such as coll or buffer~ make sure you place all your files into the same folder and create files with the necessary extensions (coll = something.txt)

Save every patcher file separately into the same folder

In max go file > build collective/application/plug-in

Select > include folder in the collective editor and import every patcher file

***I found after this all I need is the top or main msp file and nothing else****
/

Click toplevel patcher and select the main max patch which holds all the patches

Press build

Save as file type .exe (if your making a VSTI then pluggo plugin.dll)

Press Save

Close max, find the created exe, click it and pray it works

#71966

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.