Forums > MaxMSP

help / requests with light-on-dark interface.

July 5, 2012 | 9:04 pm

While taking breaks from the fantastic tutorials (seriously, wow) and making my first complex patches in Max, I have been creating a light-on-dark default object color theme. I’m a UX designer; some times I just can’t stop myself from tweaking interfaces. It is looking good so far, and has helped with my vision exhaustion in the interface, but I seem to have a large issue and a couple missing color settings:

1. I can’t find a way to adjust the text selection colors. I seem to be stuck with black text, a dark purpleish/alpha selection fill, and a black text cursor. This makes it very hard to read and edit selected text, essentially making light on dark unusable.

2. I can’t figure out where to change the "include in presentation mode" color.
3. Pictslider colors?
4. Inlet/Outlet colors?
5. Comment bubble background color?

Thanks for letting us change the default typefaces. Big win for me. <3 Incolsolata
Oh, and thanks for including the corner radius adjustments for some objects like the Tabs and Textbutton. Would love to set it for each object.
Three point fill and stroke gradients for everything would be nice as well, but I realize thats going a little far. =)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)