help! slab error

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:25pm

help! slab error

I’m running a jitter matrix through a slab that uses td.mirror.jxs shader and I keep getting the error:

jit.gl.texture: error disabling texture unit : opengl error 1286 : is a 16-bit application. You do not have permissions to execute 16-bit applications. Check your permissions with your system administrator.

My quicktime movie is colorized blue when it comes out of the shader and I convert it back in to a matrix. Whats weird is that every once in awhile the colors come through correctly, when I recreate the patch from scratch. But then when I save it goes back to being colorized blue.

I am using Max 6.0.4 on W7
Anyone have any ideas why?

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:33am

Can you share the patch (or the part that doesn’t work)?

Jun 19, 2012 at 6:36pm

Did you ever get this sorted out? I just upgraded from Max 5 to 6 and am hitting something similar when trying to use a slab to convert a movie to uyvy format.

jit.gl.fbo: unsupported framebuffer format!
jit.gl.fbo: error initializing capture
jit.gl.readback: error entering FBO : opengl error 1286 : is a 16-bit application. You do not have permissions to execute 16-bit applications. Check your permissions with your system administrator.
jit.pwindow: jit.pwindow: object u816000087 is not a valid matrix

Any ideas?

Thanks,
James

Jun 19, 2012 at 8:45pm

please make sure you have the latest version of max, 6.0.5.

please post a patch and your system specs (OS, GPU).
if you are on windows, please make sure you have updated drivers.

Jun 21, 2012 at 5:22am

I can reproduce this by just opening up the help for jit.gl.slab. I have the latest version, 6.0.5 (1741622).

Driver updates are a bit complicated as this is an IT-managed machine. Is there a particular driver I should look at? When I have an opportunity this weekend I will try a machine which is not IT-managed.

James

Jul 1, 2012 at 5:39am

Update: This does not repro on my desktop machine with help for [jit.gl.slab], but it does repro on my patch *before* I load a movie in to my movie player module. After I load a movie the messages stop coming out and the patcher works fine. This module is a [poly~]-based movie preloader based on The Video Processing System Part 4 (http://cycling74.com/2009/09/23/the-video-processing-system-part-4/). I modified it to use UYVY for performance, and had a [jit.gl.slab] doing the conversion.

I solved this problem by using @colormode uyvy on the [jit.gl.texture] which the [jit.gl.slab] feeds into instead.

Jul 1, 2012 at 6:00am

Hang on. I have another patcher where I do need to use a slab for something else, and it’s not working. I isolated a repro which uses a standard shader from the library, attached. All I have to do is toggle the metro and I get the following messages on every render:

jit.gl.fbo: error initializing capture
jit.gl.readback: error entering FBO : opengl error 1286 : is a 16-bit application. You do not have permissions to execute 16-bit applications. Check your permissions with your system administrator.
jit.gl.texture: error disabling texture unit : opengl error 1286 : is a 16-bit application. You do not have permissions to execute 16-bit applications. Check your permissions with your system administrator.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Oct 2, 2012 at 11:47pm

Update: I got this to work by installing a beta driver I got from NVIDIA’s web site (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us). It is not the driver that officially supports my laptop, and it’s a Vista driver, but it works. On Win7, the display mode is a little cropped, but liveable, and on Win8 it works in the native panel resolution. There appears to be some level of support in this driver that Max 6 requires. Anyway, I thought I’d share this here in case it helps anyone else.

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:39am

Hi Jadie,
I started this post awhile ago but didn’t follow up because of a deadline, and just switched back to Max 5 to get it done. All the jit.gl objects that threw the error that you and I were getting (and nobody else??) worked (on the same laptop) in Max 5. In other words I could open one of the Jitter tutorials (like 42) in both Max 5 and 6 and 5 would work and 6 would throw the error.
I got into this again and realized my problem. Max 6 was using the Intel onboard graphics processor even though I have an NVidia GeForce GT 420 graphics card installed. I discovered this by running the free “OpenGL Extensions Viewer 3.0″ I just downloaded. It indicated that the hardware renderer was the Intel HD Graphics processor. I opened the NVidia control panel and changed the defaults to force Max to use the NVidia card and all my problems went away. The OpenGL Extensions Viewer now states that the renderer is the NVidia card, and the OpenGL version I was using went from v2.1 to 4.2. As a side note, I took your advice and first updated my NVidia driver but it did not help, as it wasn’t being used(!).
Maybe your problem is similar or this will help someone else in the same situation, so I thought I would post an update
-bob

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.