help with blurring out video

Jun 28, 2006 at 10:25pm

help with blurring out video

Hi guys,
I’ve been using Max for a bit and have started to try and get my head round Jitter, but am finding the video stuff a bit tricky.
I’m hoping someone could offer me a few pointers…
I want to play a video (which I can do! – Not that useless…) but have most of it blurred out apart from a specific point which shows the ‘correct’ video image. I want to be able to move the focussed point around according to some x,y data

Can anyone point me in the right direction of any objects that might be able to do this. I’ve tried searching the forums but as I’m new to the video side of Max/Jitter I’m not sure what terms/language to use

Thanks for any help and apologies if this unashamed request for help has offended anyone

Dave

Jun 29, 2006 at 12:40am

Hi,
Try these steps:

1- use [jit.fastblur] to blur your image.
2-Create your “point” (sure you mean a plain circle) with [jit.lcd]
3- Put the jit.lcd output into the alpha channel of your blured movie
4-Use [jit.alphablend] to mix the non-blured movie with the blured
movie. THe circle into the alphachannel will be a transparent window
that let us see only this portion of the non-blured movie.

Look at the tutorial about using the alpha channel and alphablend.

hope it helps!
Good luck!
pc

On 6/28/06, Dave Raybould wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
> I’ve been using Max for a bit and have started to try and get my head round Jitter, but am finding the video stuff a bit tricky.
> I’m hoping someone could offer me a few pointers…
> I want to play a video (which I can do! – Not that useless…) but have most of it blurred out apart from a specific point which shows the ‘correct’ video image. I want to be able to move the focussed point around according to some x,y data
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction of any objects that might be able to do this. I’ve tried searching the forums but as I’m new to the video side of Max/Jitter I’m not sure what terms/language to use
>
> Thanks for any help and apologies if this unashamed request for help has offended anyone
>
> Dave
>

Jun 29, 2006 at 8:33am

Thanks for the tips. I’ll give it a whirl

Cheers

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.