Forums > MaxMSP

Help with Launchpad step sequencer

ASW
September 26, 2012 | 12:23 am

I am trying to write a step sequencer for the launchpad that allows you to program one matrixctrl object/send led control info while listening to another and then switch between them. I’ve got a simple sequencer and visual metronome going but I’m at a loss for how you would approach multiple instances especially in regards to keeping the led’s lit as you switched back and forth.I searched through the forums and haven’t found anything relevant. I’ve attached a simplified example of the approach I’ve come up with. Thanks for the help!

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

September 26, 2012 | 2:19 am

One way is to create a "sub matrix". Many matrixctrls into one. Matrixctrls can be banged to send their data to the next matrixctrl, provided they are cleared first. Better than matrixctrl would be the jitter matrix, but that’s beyond me right now. I have a post about "multiple pages" on a launchpad that relates.

ASW
September 26, 2012 | 3:21 am

Quite a few of the earlier posts on the launchpad refer to tutorials that are no longer on the novation website. It seems that questions similar to mine always get answered with a link to these. Does anyone have a copy or know of an alternate source for them?

September 26, 2012 | 5:18 am

I’ve attached a zip file of the tutorials. Let me know if it doesn’t work.

September 26, 2012 | 5:22 am

Here an example of the "sub matrix". It’s from the forum, though I don’t know who to attribute it to.

ASW
September 26, 2012 | 4:15 pm

Mike,

Thanks for this. I’ll have to spend some time with these and see what I can come up with. Cheers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)