Forums > MaxMSP

Help with poly~ issues

May 15, 2013 | 3:44 pm

Hi guys,

Having a bit of a pain here trying to get a sample-based granulator to function inside a poly.

Right now i’m able to take-over notes when pressed on the keyboard, but no actually polyphony is happening.

I’ve attached the abstraction as it appears in the poly~, with the Thispoly~ object removed as that wasn’t working for me no matter how i tried it. (Taking mute & busy output from an adsr~).

Any help is greatly appreciated it, i’m sure this is something stupidly simple, but being pulling my hair out for hours now!

Regards, Jay

Attachments:
  1. samplegran.maxpat

May 15, 2013 | 3:47 pm

I can supply full patch if somebody needs, but hoping somebody can deduce my issue purely from this!

Input to "in 1" is midi info packed to a list prepended with midinote.

The most annoying part is, i’ve got normal oscilators set up exactly the same way and they are working fine!


May 23, 2013 | 7:49 pm

If you’re not getting polyphony, it’s almost always that you’re not prepending the input with "midinote" or "note". Use the former for things of indeterminate length. Grains usually warrant the latter.


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)