Forums > MaxMSP

Help with Standalone Applications

January 16, 2011 | 3:45 am

Hey everyone,

This is my first post so ::ahem:: "Hello, World!"

Now that that’s out of the way, I was wondering if you fine gentlemen and women could help me out with an issue I’m having with building standalone applications on a mac.

I’m trying to make it so that users will be able to specify which audio drivers they can use for inputs and outputs in my application, and yet I can’t seem to figure out how to do this. I tried using the standalone object and it doesn’t seem to do any good. I also don’t know javascript so I don’t know any sort of code that would allow the program to search for available audio drivers and create a menu with available inputs and outputs for it.

Can anyone please help me out?? Thanks so much

<3 Travis

January 16, 2011 | 7:31 am

Hi Travis,

Welcome!

You need to add the equivalent of the Max DSP Status window to your application. Fortunately, that window is also a Max patch, so you can open it and study it to see which elements you need build in for your app. In my Standalones, I have a menu item that opens this window, and I tailor it for the particular needs of the app.

Good luck!

January 16, 2011 | 5:29 pm

bkshepard thanks so much for the help!! Are you referring to dspstate~? Also, do you just code in the menu item in your standalones, or is there an object for that? I'm pretty noobish with standalones haha

[attachment=151420,1680]

Attachments:
  1. brofist.jpg

January 16, 2011 | 5:40 pm

I normally add an object called "DSP Status" (with the quotation marks) which makes sure the DSP patch is added to the stand alone. Then I add the dac~ object at presentation level for the user to double click on or just send an ‘open’ message to so they can open the settings window.

January 16, 2011 | 6:18 pm

I just add something like this :

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

January 16, 2011 | 6:40 pm

Awesome guys thanks so much! re: bro fist.jpg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)