Forums > Jitter

hi, I have a camera problem.

September 21, 2011 | 2:18 am

Hi.

I have a patch with 2 jitter video planes which are positioned as two separate layers within a scene, I’m trying to create a camera system for it that will allow me to orbit around this scene using a mouse.

The camera help files and tutorials mention nothing about how to actually control a camera using a mouse which seems to me to be a bit of an over site as well.

my first problem is that I can’t find a way to correctly route the jit.gl.handle output to the camera, for some reason it’s position data from the mouse doesn’t seem to control the camera the way I expected when linked.

my second problem is to do with the mouse + option/alt and the mouse + control behavior, I’ve set up a gate that sends the git.gl.handle data to either layer 1, layer 2 or the camera, I’m hoping to be able to switch between either the different layers or the camera which can be orbited around both the layers simultaneously.

Can anyone have a look, I’ve set this patch up the best I can but now am at a complete loss.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

September 21, 2011 | 2:35 am

btw, this patch has some loadmess and loadbang objects which wont work until the patch has been saved and then loaded.

September 21, 2011 | 12:41 pm

Haven’t seen your patch (sorry) but have you considered using the Cosm objects? You can control you camera with a message to cosm.query as well as your named videoplanes.

Just a thought.

September 22, 2011 | 9:33 pm

Thanks, it looks interesting and I like the idea of 3d positioning of sound sources, but I can’t really get my head round the video side, so. . as this patch is nearly there I’m going to stick at it.

I’ve made some progress now as well but I still need help, the problem seems to be something to do with the x,y,z rotation values all being sent simultaneously, I need to find a way to send them altogether at once without them interfering with each other.

can anyone give me some advice or suggestions?

`

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)