Forums > MaxMSP

hi-res externals for Max 5 broken

July 16, 2008 | 4:54 am

Greetings,

The hi-res external set (hr.play~, hr.wave~, et al.) has fallen victim
to the deprecated library function assist_string() and hence will not
work with Max 5 — is there any designs on updating these externals
(Windows, etc.), or better yet releasing the source code so that
anyone can comment out assist_string() (the sledgehammer approach
which makes Max externals compile for use in Max 5)? "The procedure
entry point assist_string" could not be located in the dynamic link
library MaxAPI.dll" These externals that JKC wrote are useful for
circumventing certain cases of aliasing and signal degradation with
*large* buffers of audio.

Perhaps last updated almost three years ago:

http://www.cycling74.com/twiki/bin/view/Share/JoshuaKitClayton

Thanks,
Brandon Nickell


July 16, 2008 | 4:12 pm

Since this is Joshua’s work, perhaps it might be
more efficacious to contact him directly. The
material that goes up on the share site is the
work of individuals, even if those individuals
are sometimes associated with the firm.


July 17, 2008 | 10:38 am

Gregory Taylor schrieb:
> Since this is Joshua’s work, perhaps it might be
> more efficacious to contact him directly. The
> material that goes up on the share site is the
> work of individuals, even if those individuals
> are sometimes associated with the firm.

Is Joshua monitoring this list as well, or should we ask on the jitter
list?…
The hi-res collection is one of the indispensable ones, one of those you
can’t replace with abstractions…
I consider it essential and want to say thanks at this point for
creating them, even if I would be forced to Max 4 for the projects which
use them…

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com


July 17, 2008 | 3:24 pm

Took up Greg’s advice…

Joshua said that this will get fixed sooner rather than later.

Brandon

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 3:38 AM, Stefan Tiedje wrote:
> Gregory Taylor schrieb:
>>
>> Since this is Joshua’s work, perhaps it might be
>> more efficacious to contact him directly. The
>> material that goes up on the share site is the
>> work of individuals, even if those individuals
>> are sometimes associated with the firm.
>
> Is Joshua monitoring this list as well, or should we ask on the jitter
> list?…
> The hi-res collection is one of the indispensable ones, one of those you
> can’t replace with abstractions…
> I consider it essential and want to say thanks at this point for creating
> them, even if I would be forced to Max 4 for the projects which use them…
>
> Stefan
>
> –
> Stefan Tiedje————x——-
> –_____———–|————–
> –(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
> — _|_)—-|—–()————–
> ———-()——–www.ccmix.com
>
>


July 18, 2008 | 7:29 pm

On 17 juil. 08, at 12:38, Stefan Tiedje wrote:

> The hi-res collection is one of the indispensable ones, one of those
> you can’t replace with abstractions…
> I consider it essential and want to say thanks at this point for
> creating them, even if I would be forced to Max 4 for the projects
> which use them…

I uploaded new versions for Mac compatible with Max 5. Enjoy!

http://www.cycling74.com/twiki/bin/view/Share/JoshuaKitClayton

ej


July 19, 2008 | 2:51 am

Emmanual & Joshua,

Thanks for the quick support and turnaround on fixing the hi-res
externals but I’d like to also see this fix applied to the Win32
binaries as well as I’m sure that the fix is trivial; it appears that
you’ve only updated this for OS X on the Share Wiki.

Thanks,
Brandon Nickell

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Emmanuel Jourdan
wrote:
> On 17 juil. 08, at 12:38, Stefan Tiedje wrote:
>
>> The hi-res collection is one of the indispensable ones, one of those you
>> can’t replace with abstractions…
>> I consider it essential and want to say thanks at this point for creating
>> them, even if I would be forced to Max 4 for the projects which use them…
>
>
> I uploaded new versions for Mac compatible with Max 5. Enjoy!
>
> http://www.cycling74.com/twiki/bin/view/Share/JoshuaKitClayton
>
> ej
>
>


July 19, 2008 | 12:45 pm


July 19, 2008 | 2:51 pm


Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)