Forums > Jitter

hi res opengl quicktime jit.qt.recordings?

May 18, 2008 | 10:20 pm

I’m not able to get a high-resolution quicktime recording of OpenGL shapes using jit.qt.record or jit.vcr. When I render to jit.window, the drawing (of say a cube auto-rotating in wireframe) looks great — even in full screen. But when I render to jit.matrix to output to jit.qt.record, the quicktime recording is pixelated and the lines aren’t smooth at all compared to the jit.window rendering.

I’ve been struggling with this problem for some time, so I’ve looked into matrix resolution settings (using 4 char), rendering options (including the ‘render_examples’ patch from the FAQ page), and I’ve tried recording the quicktime with different compression formats, but the recording quality is always reduced, even at lossless.

I’m attaching two screenshots that illustrate the problem.
[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=1632&private=0[/img]

I hope this is a simple fix that my amateur skillz have missed. Much thanks for any ideas.

-gumi

May 18, 2008 | 10:23 pm

I should add that I’m using Max 4.6.3, OSX 10.4.11, and Quicktime 7.4.1.

May 18, 2008 | 10:49 pm

Hi gumi,

I like iShowU for this (on Mac), and Fraps on Windows. Some people use Snapz for Mac (I haven’t tried it). There has been plenty of discussion about this on the forum. Search around and you’ll find it.

best,
Zachary

May 21, 2008 | 1:54 pm

I’m trying to find a hardware device that splits a analog high-
resolution signal into a number of sub signals just like jit.scissors
divides a large matrix into smaller ones. I tried to Google it, but I
don’t even know how these devices are called; the term "video
splitter" is falsely used for multipliers.

Any suggestion?

Georg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)