Hi, This is my first post, I've hit a brick wall

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:42pm

Hi, This is my first post, I've hit a brick wall

So, I’m using the tempo object in a patch that generates sequences, sometimes fixed, sometimes random….

I’ve added a bypass function using a gate object….. basically I need the button that triggers the random bypass to be in time with the tempo object.
Rather like Ableton works, so if I press the button early it will only trigger on the next generated number.

I hope this makes sense

Cheers

Danny

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:21pm

This is the patch,

I know this sorta shit exists but it's important that I build them myself to understand exactly what is going on

[attachment=201593,4311]

Attachments:
  1. BypassRandominsyncwithtempoprobpng
Aug 16, 2012 at 8:43pm

If I understand correctly, you shouldn’t connect the left numberbox to select, since that’s being banged when you’re changing the gate, causing it to output. Ggate doesn’t output anything when changing inlets.

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:53pm

Thanks for replying peter.

Basically I put a 1 on the left because i want the seq. to start on beat 1 every time the bypass/random button is pressed (but in time with the tempo object)
It works but obviously if I dont press it in time two red buttons are triggered which would be a flam once i have sounds attached

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:01pm

“I know this sorta shit exists but it’s important that I build them myself to understand exactly what is going on”

so you already know one of the most important things to know.

to your question: it WILL only affect the next number, else isnt possible at all.

i think what you mean is that you want to make sure that it switches between the modes
exactly at a given step.

i am only giving you a hint: dont use a button to change the gate, use a toggle (i.e. 0 and 1)
then you will find your way quick.

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:03pm

Cheers Roman….. I’m gonna play

Aug 18, 2012 at 6:16am

also look to [i] which can just hold the value, then the bang will send it out at the right time. The right inlet of [message] will work the same way and let you see the number, or “set $1″ to an int numberbox rather than sending the number directly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.