Forums > MaxMSP

HoloEdit-HoloSpat rescue mission

October 11, 2011 | 8:53 am

Hi!
Does anyone know or could suggest where to find a list of OSC messages
coming out of HoloEdit?

The reason is that, being HoloSpat not available anymore (or at least this is what I am guessing), I am writing myself a patch that can take care of playing back audio in sync with HoloEdit trajectory-sounds editor.

To do this I need to retrieve specific sound-file information (such as location on the timeline, length) that it looks it is in there (in holoedit), but I cannot capture it yet via osc routing.

Any link, sources, ideas, memories or kind explanations would be of a great help

Thank you.
Regards

tom

October 11, 2011 | 11:22 am

Hi,

I’ve never used (or heard of) HoloEdit before…But as this seems interesting i gave it a quick look. Here’s what I’ve found:

In the latest binary of HoloEdit

http://dev.gmem.org/_dwn/_holo/Holo-Edit-4.5b6-OSX.zip

There’s a folder called Max-HoloPlayer. The patches seem to do the OSC configuration & routing – as well as .holo file playback. But no actual audio panning.

I’ve also found the HoloSpat 4.2 sources here:

http://dev.gmem.org/_dwn/_holo/Holo-Spat-src-4.2max5.zip

They are actually max4 patches. I haven’t tried them out yet…

good luck !

October 11, 2011 | 1:48 pm

genius!!!
where did you find the holospat sources!
that’s so cool

i am checking them out right now

thank you so much

October 12, 2011 | 9:06 am

Hello,

there is a quick overview of in/out OSC messages for HoloEdit in the Documentation folder called OSC_namespace_rev1.rtf. I Add the rev2 to this post and to the next release ;)

Concerning HoloSpat, the one you pointed is outdated and won’t work with HoloEdit 4.5. An HoloSpat 4.5 is on its way but not quite ready at this time. If you want an out of the box solution, there is an Holospat port to Jamoma in the Jamoma User Lib ( see http://jamoma.org/download.html ). It uses the excellent DBAP so it’s lot of fun ;; and it manages the playing of soundfiles dropped in the HoloEdit score.

Anyway, you should also be interested in the MaxHoloPlayer folder containing all the basic tools for OSC communication with HoloEdit and for playing holo and tj files in Max. The OSC namespace between HoloEdit and "mxj holoedit.HoloPlayer" is the same so you can refer to the HoloPlayer-EXAMPLE.maxpat for the OSC routing from HoloEdit.

hope this helps
cheers
Charles

October 13, 2011 | 11:33 pm

thank you Charles

I can’t wait for rev2!!

From the .rtf I am guessing that if I want to send OSC information to an sfplay~ object in a max patch,
it’s only the following information

/track/1/preload
/track/1/cue

that could give me the start and ending position of the sound file, and it’s starting-ending position on the global timeline.

Am i correct?

So I need to understand how a cue information is set in HoloEdit
to contain all that in

October 13, 2011 | 11:36 pm

[sorry for the truncated message above, here's the full edited version:]

thank you Charles

I can’t wait for rev2!!

From the .rtf I am guessing that if I want to send OSC information to an sfplay~ object in a max patch,
it’s only the following information

/track/1/preload
/track/1/cue

that could give me the start and ending position of the sound file, and it’s starting-ending position on the global timeline.

Am i correct?

Do you know how a cue information is set in HoloEdit
to contain all that information I need to provide splay~ with?

thanx

tom

October 13, 2011 | 11:40 pm

and thank you for all the other info, I am looking into it now

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)