Forums > MaxMSP

How do I clear function before resetting it with new values from coll?

February 4, 2013 | 3:02 pm

Been trying to get my head around this and just can’t figure it out.

February 4, 2013 | 3:29 pm

You have tried the "clear" message, yes?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

February 4, 2013 | 3:38 pm

I was using clear but not zl iter. I think the problem was on the front and not clear actually. Thanks guys, an easy answer to an easy question.

February 4, 2013 | 4:51 pm

O.k., I am still missing something. I have not been able to reset the duration. I am using setdomain $1 but function will not reset. hers is the patch if someone can help me clear it up.

February 4, 2013 | 6:40 pm

I want to be able to apply the envelope generated by function over n# durations. So, yes I want to keep the function’s shape while affecting its duration. I also want to be able to change the function’s shape and duration as well as I send it new xy values from the coll. There should be two colls that contain durations and xy coordinates respectively. Your patch gets closer to what I am looking for but the function only displays a length of 1000 rather than the 2000 or 8000 stored in the first coll.
I want the function show the envelope over the entirety of the function display regardless of duration yet to send out correct duration to line~.

February 4, 2013 | 7:19 pm

I think its clear I am the one not understanding this. Sorry for the confusion.

I do see where the last number from coll #2 is set at 1000. Perhaps I am missing something in the formatting here.

If I substitute two lines from the coll I am working from (my envelope) the function does not display correctly. I am certain I am missing something here. Here is your patch with my coll data in #2.

February 4, 2013 | 8:07 pm

I have found where the problem is arising but I cannot solve it. It seems that if I enter this line of text into the coll, function does not display that way I want it. I think what is happening is that I am designing my envelopes (separate patch) using function then pasting that data into coll which is why my data such as this:

0 0. 0.853 484.042999 0. 515.95697;

does not display correctly.

February 4, 2013 | 9:42 pm

Or see MSP Tutorial 7.

February 5, 2013 | 4:35 pm

Thanks, Christopher. I am familiar with the tutorials, though.

Sorry, I didn’t past the whole coll line in the message. You’re right in what you say. For some reason when I create an envelope in a function object and copy that data from mid-right outlet into coll the formatting doesn’t line up. Sometimes it does. I just gotta figure out what is going on when its right so I replicate it. Thanks for you help.

February 5, 2013 | 6:53 pm

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks much.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)