Forums > Jitter

how do I get jitter matrix to control audio

September 15, 2008 | 7:19 pm

Hi all,

I can get jitter to track movements and color within a matrix and I can see it displayed in a matrix window, but how do I get that info into say an oscillator or a sampler? What object do I use to convert jit.matrix data into useable numbers?

thanks,
Chad

September 15, 2008 | 8:50 pm

it’s all numbers.

jit.iter might be your friend?
or getcell message to jit.matrix?

September 16, 2008 | 8:41 am

I use jit.spill and then unpack.
hope that helps.

2008/9/15 Robert Ramirez

>
> it’s all numbers.
>
> jit.iter might be your friend?
> or getcell message to jit.matrix?
>

September 16, 2008 | 6:14 pm

Ah, yes, that is great, but how do you manage that many number boxes? do you set up jit spill into an unpack of 256 integers?

or is there a better way to see access all the numbers at once?

basically I want to track shapes as they move and send their movement to some synths to controll pitch and such, pretty basic I think in jitter, but I’m still learning.

thanks,
Chad

September 16, 2008 | 7:12 pm

entirely depends on what you’re doing.

if you want to monitor the contents of a jitter matrix, jit.cellblock and jit.print can help. or jit.pwindow for that matter.

jit.3m might also be of use.

if you need to do calculations of the matrix, look at jit.op.

are you using cv objects to do the tracking? jit.findbounds?

need more info to be of help.

September 16, 2008 | 7:16 pm

Yes,

I am using the cv objects. they are very cool, but I can’t figure out how to translate that info into usable data. For instance if I track the movement of a centroid how do i separate the movement of each centroid to separate objects? It’s just that I’m new to this.

for instance, if I wanted to pan an object tat is being tracked to a surround speaker based on it’s position in the matrix.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks for helping!

–Chad

MIB
September 20, 2008 | 9:24 pm

here is a previous discussion that might be useful…

http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=35323&start=0&rid=3434&S=eacc5344f60753644b0b4fbe41f27138

I also suggest doing some searches… there have been many threads in the past

September 21, 2008 | 12:15 am

jit.spill into multislider is good for visualization of the values, or if you go into a table you can do sum, etc. You can also easily see the peak or trough of lists using those objects, or maximum, etc. Use iter to spit out the list one at a time, if needed, though zl can do some great stuff with the list as a whole, very very handy, that zl.

I think the centroid data with cv.jit is already formatted into index/position (?), so if you use a route object for the index, the various positions (up to however many you want to track) can be sent elsewhere (i.e., freq/amplitude of synths etc.) route 1 2 3 4 5 —> each list of position/size (or however it does it) comes out the corresponding outlet, then unpack to send the coords where you want. If the numbers are in an unusable range, use a scale object on them to map them to something better (like pixel position —> usable frequencies). As long as you get the indexed lists, you’re good to go.

–CJ

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)