how do I repair broken send/receive

Jan 23, 2011 at 3:54am

how do I repair broken send/receive

I have a subpatch where the send/receive pairs stopped working and my normal trick of paste replace isn’t working. The pop-up shows the links, but no integers (or any other data) get through. I am directly patching them now so that I can keep moving forward, but it looks pretty messy with all the patch lines everywhere. I’m worried that other subpatches might go south, so I’d love to know how others have dealt with this.

Thanks so much!

#54544
Jan 23, 2011 at 4:49am

I have created new send objects and typed the same names in, they not only show the links in the pop-up, but they also pass data like they should. It seems that something got corrupted and then sorted out once this was done.

Interesting…onwards.

#196455
Jan 23, 2011 at 1:08pm

Could you post an example? Is there anything printed in the Max window?

#196456
Jan 23, 2011 at 5:39pm

also, if it happens again, does it get fixed if you restart Max? Could be a clue as to what’s happening.

#196457
Feb 3, 2011 at 8:14pm

I’ve been keeping an eye out for a repeat of this, and it did happen again once. I couldn’t reproduce it. I think it might have to do with arguments to this subpatch. I found that if I tried defining the arguments as #1 #2 41 passing 2 args from grandparent) I had trouble with send receives. Defining then as #1 41 and the adding an inlet for the other data worked.

example:
[send #2_message]——–[r #2_message]

I am now switching to using #0 for all my send/receives and going through inlets/outlets for data going between sibling subpatches.

Thanks again and I wish I had a solid way to reproduce the issue I had.

#196458

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.