How do you?

Oct 25, 2011 at 3:38pm

How do you?

How do you tell a [pattrstorage] to send a bang on a specific preset without using a gui nor a “memory” object?

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:55pm

It is helpful if you provide more information in the title and use tags related to your problem, rather than what you think of yourself or whatever.

Do you mean that you want whenever [pattrstorage] is told to recall a particular setting, to send a bang to some other object?

Here’s one way, with instructions (can’t be bothered to attach a pattr settings file..)

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Hope that helps :)

Oct 26, 2011 at 6:15am

> without using a gui

Oct 26, 2011 at 6:35am

>without using a gui

here i use a number box just to trigger the preset(shows how you can get discrete triggers for discrete preset integers even while scrolling through the floating-point interpolations), but you can substitute it with whatever non-gui solution you want… also, not sure what you mean by ‘memory’ object(technically, most max objects use some kind of memory :p like [sel 0 1] is storing the integers ’0′ and ’1′ in ‘memory’ in order to make the comparison?)
but anyways, you want to look into the pattrstorage ‘dumpout’ outlet(it outputs a “recall” message whenever a preset is recalled), snoop it for any message you send to pattrstorage, it’s pretty useful:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

My bad if I misunderstood…

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:17pm

You’re right, thx!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.