Forums > MaxMSP

how save values in subpatches with one Pattrstorage-Object in main-window?

hgh
October 15, 2011 | 11:20 pm

Hi,

with pattrstorage & autopattr i´m able to save objects/values of objects by using a scriptingname…

But how can i integrate Objects from subpatches?

One more Question: When i saved Preset 1 by message "store 1", why can´t i rewrite this Preset with clicking of "store 1"??? There is no change shown in Storagewindow… The change only takes effect, when i changes again the number-value of the numberbox, after i clickes on "store 1"… Is that probably a bug or do i something wrong?

thanks,
hgh

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

October 16, 2011 | 7:05 am

Pattrstorage and related objects can be confusing, but it appears you may need to study the help files (some more)…

Check the attached modification of your patch for two variations of how to store subpatch data (using pattr rather than autopattr).

As far as your second question goes, what you are describing sounds like normal behaviour. Maybe I’m missing your point, but If none of your values have been altered from the stored data slot, why would the stored data change when written again? One thing to be aware of is that in the storage slots display, the slot will appear in italics if any client data has changed since stored…

hgh
October 16, 2011 | 7:42 am

Thank You very much… By working with this patch maybe i´ve found one more possibility… And it seems very simple:

i´ve put an autopattr-object into my subpatch… It seems, that autopattr automaticallyintegrates Objects (which are given a scripting name in Inspector) to Pattrestorageobject in mainwindow!!!

I´m right to make complex presets by that way or is that dangerous/ or it could be so giving problems?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)