Forums > Max For Live

How to bring m4l device in focus without the mouse?!

July 8, 2010 | 1:07 pm

greetings,

i ask a very simple and important thing. all i wanna do is to put a m4l device in focus, so i could, for example, use the [key] to select and modify number boxes. the [key] is inactive unless u press on the device (inside, not on title) which is good if i have the same keys to control different instrument, but i find it very disturbing having to scroll with the mouse, finding a blanked spot in my device to click on, that wont modify a slider by mistake, in the middle of a live performance.

i added a patch showing what i wanna do using front-> [thispatcher] msg. i want to press a midi control to bring the device in focus so i could use the keyboard control in the patch. it works in max, not in m4l. the problem is that it blinks to front and goes immediately back! :(

any solution, including live keys/midi control to put device in focus is welcome.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

i would like to add that its possible to open a floating window of [patcher] using a midi command, and then the [key] in this window is active, and i send back from this [patcher] to the device the key commands. the problem is that i dont want a floating window on my live set, even if i can open it very small. (can i open an invisible window?!)

Thanks!

July 12, 2010 | 7:18 pm

Here is one (hackish) way to do it:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

July 12, 2010 | 8:44 pm

hahahaha you are my man!!!!
thanks! my life are better now thanks to u. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)