Forums > Jitter

How to clear a pwindow?

April 22, 2013 | 7:45 am

I did some searching but could not find a solution for this.

I have jit.grab wired to a pwindow. Works great to grab video from my built-in iSight camera. However, when I stop the jit.grab, the pwindow continues to display the last frame captured. How can I clear that pwindow? I tried sending clear to jit.grab, but it had no effect on the pwindow.

I can replicate this behavior in the jit.grab help patcher. Open the component, toggle qmetro, close the component and the pwindow shows the last frame. The clear button does not clear the pwindow.

I must be missing something simple here. Any help?

April 22, 2013 | 8:24 am

simply send a black jit.matrix to pwindow

April 22, 2013 | 9:27 am

OK – could you describe the "simply" part? (I’m still a newb at this)

Shouldn’t "clear" in jit.grab or jit.matrix (setting all matrix values to zero) have the same effect?

April 22, 2013 | 9:30 am
– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

April 22, 2013 | 7:39 pm

micron, thank you for the example.

A problem though — when the toggle is "on" the last frame from jit.grab continues to be sent to the pwindow. The frame goes black only when toggled "off".

On further testing, I guess I’m confused by "clear" in jit.grab only being effective when the component is open, but does nothing after the component is closed.

April 22, 2013 | 8:02 pm

April 23, 2013 | 4:46 am

Thanks again for the example. This works great.

So the "gate" is used to send metro to jit.qt.grab only when the component is open?

Now to see if this approach will work in my patch.

January 30, 2014 | 8:32 am

hi,

i have a similiar problem. the difference is that i have jit.lcd with a paintpoly and linesegment to get coordinates from a kinect. the problem is that the last polygon or line drawn remains even when there is no input information.

thanks for help!

January 30, 2014 | 12:50 pm

please post the part of your patch with the problem

January 31, 2014 | 12:51 am

January 31, 2014 | 8:00 am

I have some problem to open your patch, can you use the "copy compressed" function?

January 31, 2014 | 8:19 am

<code>

</code>

February 3, 2014 | 2:08 am

is it ok? are you coming cope?

February 3, 2014 | 12:38 pm

It is difficult to understand this patch,
but I think that only a gate it’s not enough because your messages "linesegment" and "paintpoly" are banged with the last values.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)