Forums > MaxMSP

How to completely remove Max/Msp

May 25, 2006 | 4:29 pm

I was working on some patches when my max crashed. When I restarted some alot of my recent files wont open yet a number of old ones do. I have reinstalled a couple of times and notice that the file preferences and the recently used file list is still present so something is not being removed when it uninstall.

Does anyone know how to remove these preferences? As the files work on friends computers so they have not become currupted.

Will

May 25, 2006 | 4:38 pm

Fixed it. By removing the documentsandsettings/applicationdata/cycling’74/preference folder.

May 25, 2006 | 4:40 pm

Windows or Mac?
If Windows, delete the Program Files/Common Files/Cycling 74 directory, as well. Backup everything you want to keep, first. Also, delete the Program Files/Cycling 74 directory. Last, go through the registry (Windows) and delete occurrences of Cycling 74. That should do it. However, I think there may be other traces lurking in the registry or elsewhere since even after a complete uninstall/reinstall, I get error rescopy STR xxxx not found, or something like that, occasionally.

May 26, 2006 | 3:24 am

oh, right. on XP, you have to also go to this directory and delete it…the Max 4 preference files are located here.

C:Documents and SettingsYour Name HereApplication DataCycling ’74

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)