Forums > MaxMSP

How to count 1 3 2 4 3 5 4 6 etc

November 8, 2010 | 6:08 pm

Hi

I would also like to do other variations on the sequence order described in the title. Thanks

November 8, 2010 | 6:49 pm

Count sequentially, then look up the numbers you want through something like a coll or table or umenu or…

November 8, 2010 | 6:50 pm

This would give you random variations on that sequence.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

November 8, 2010 | 9:05 pm

Or for something that does the hard work for you:

November 9, 2010 | 12:23 am

my take on it… adjust the int boxes to create sequences of number steps by adding/subtracting. you get 4 per cycle, up to 255 iterations, and up to 1024 total numbers in the list, adjust to suit.

could make some interesting note scale patterns…

November 9, 2010 | 10:11 am

Kurt Ralske’s Tintin object does this – unfortunately it’s no longer available, so here’s an abstraction I use to replace it, along with the original .help file.
Note that my abstraction doesn’t do the ‘mode 1′ changes algorithm, just the ‘mode 0′ random bit. If anyone feels like coding the changes mode, I’d love to see it.

Save as ‘tintin’

Save as tintin.help

cheers
Roger

November 9, 2010 | 11:21 am

And this way feels much neater still:

November 9, 2010 | 3:55 pm

Never worked with variations myself, but when it comes to merely counting from 1 to x (though by removing the if…then you can include 0 too) I’ve always liked this little critter I wrote some time ago. You basically feed it with an int (the number to count to) and it gives you a sequence of numbers.

Dunno if this is helpful considering the lack of variation but figured I’d share anyway.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)