how to create this with jitter

Sep 21, 2012 at 10:51am

how to create this with jitter

i found this picture http://www.flickr.com/photos/cloneproduction/7979184472/ and would to recreate this look with jitter. i am familiar with gl.sketch and gl.gridshape. the particles i can create with jitter but the looking and glowing for these little objects? is it a shader? can anybody give me an advice? thanks

Sep 21, 2012 at 2:04pm

I got something similar done in TouchDesigner.
Basicly you take some particles – render them.
Then you create a feedback loop and inside the loop you
increase brightness a little bit, than you do some transformation (also just a little bit), than adjust HSV offset and do a little edge detection and close the feedback loop.
Definitely doable with jit.gl.slab’s with built-in shaders
I’ll try to translate it from touchdesigner into a max and post result here.

cheers

Sep 23, 2012 at 1:31pm

It’s not quite there yet,
but you could start with something like this :

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:26am

hey thanks endziu for your work and reply. my internet was down over the weekend so i could t answer earlier. that is a good patch. i started to figure out the feedback.
i need some time to understand your patch, i never worked with the new gl.node object and the gl.pix which is the gen part i think. if i understand you right, you capture the particles to texture, ad the feedback on them and render this as videoplane?
but it is a good starting point.

Sep 24, 2012 at 2:58pm

Hey!

if i understand you right, you capture the particles to texture, ad the feedback on them and render this as videoplane?

You got it right. !
in the mean time I made another version without the GEN part.
just good old jit.gl.slabs
and I added some comments. hopefully its clearer now. ;)

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Oct 10, 2012 at 9:48am

@endziu, this is an extremely cool patch. I hope you don’t mind if I riff on it a bit for a video tutorial?

-S

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:05pm

@sam Of course I don’t mind!
finally “it’s time for another exciting max/msp tutorial”
cheers

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.