I made 8 GUI’s using bpatchers, to control the different voices of a drum machine. The problem is when I try to save (in the main patch) with pattrstorage, the scripting names in each bpatcher are exactly the same. I thought I could solve this using args, for example "#1fader" as a scripting name, but that doesn’t work. Any other ideas greatly appreciated.
I don’t have this problem with identical bpatchers (12 of them) and autopattr inside each
Thank tobiasros! The #0 works great. I changed my scripting names like your example, to "#0slider", and unique numbers appeared before each name in the pattrstorage. Should be a big time saver.
Ploki, sorry for the vague question, but basically I need each bpatcher to store different values. Since one bpatcher will be for the kick drum, one for the snare drum…etc
One problem though… because unique numbers are generated each time the patch is opened, pattrstorage won’t save correctly.
yeah, then you don’t can use #0;
but have a look here: just give the bpatcher different scripting names…
You are right, and so was Ploki. I think I misdiagnosed the problem, my bad. Instead the issue was with setting the args in the inspector, which I assumed could be used to send poly~ a message like "target #1, $1 $2". When I moved the target message outside the bpatcher, it worked fine. And maybe that target message with the args could still work, but this method works for now.
Even though I posted the wrong question, you guys still helped me figure it out, which is super cool…thanks again.
C74 RSS Feed | © Copyright Cycling '74