Forums > Jitter

[HOW TO?] Discriminate pixels

April 4, 2011 | 10:41 pm

Hi, I am presently trying to discriminate pixels out of a jitter livefeed matrix 320 x 240. What I want to do is basically take one pixel out of each frame of the livefeed video and transfer each one of them (one after the other) to a new matrix – creating a still image constituted pixel by pixel from a pixel out of each frame of the stream of video. Basically "summing up" a video into a single image – in an abstract way.

ex:

Pixel 0 0 of first frame of the live video matrix would be outputted to pixel 0 0 of the "still" matrix and kept there.
Pixel 1 0 of second frame of the live video matrix would be outputted to pixel 1 0 of the "still" matrix and kept there.
Pixel 2 0 of third frame of the live video matrix would be outputted to pixel three of the "still" matrix and kept there.
etc…

I have come to the point where it should work – but does not ahah.
Would anyone of you have a hint for why it is not working out?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

thank you :)

April 4, 2011 | 10:54 pm

Without being able to check out your patch, this might help. I recently modified a basic slit scan patch to do pretty much what you’re looking to do. It’s a little rough, but it works.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

April 5, 2011 | 5:41 am

Wow! That is just such an help – I better understand now what errors I had done!
Thank you a lot!! A lot! :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)