how to display a png with transparency using jit.gl.render / jit.gl.videoplane?

May 2, 2011 at 1:50pm

how to display a png with transparency using jit.gl.render / jit.gl.videoplane?

This post is related to this one : http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=32953

But it is a more precise question here so I write that here too :)

I’m using a jit.qt.movie + jit.gl.videoplane + jit.gl.render to display (perfectly :p ) my movies + subtitles.

I want to “inject” a png inside that flow.
It would be at a particular moment (on a particular event): that png appears and disappears.

no problem to track the event, the appear/disappear BUT, I cannot find the way to “inject” in that flow.

How can I do?

Any tips would be very appreciated !!!

May 2, 2011 at 7:58pm

I’m sorry to make a “up up” but I really need that :-/

May 2, 2011 at 7:58pm

I’m sorry to make a “up up” but I really need that :-/

May 2, 2011 at 8:38pm

can’t you just put it onto another video plane? check out the following attributes:
layer
enable
blend_mode

it’s actually a bit vague what you mean by “”inject” in that flow”, which could be why you aren’t getting any responses.

db

May 2, 2011 at 8:38pm

can’t you just put it onto another video plane? check out the following attributes:
layer
enable
blend_mode

it’s actually a bit vague what you mean by “”inject” in that flow”, which could be why you aren’t getting any responses.

db

May 3, 2011 at 4:39pm

hello David,
I’m sorry for the vagueness…
would you sketch me a patch to display a png on a videoplane?
I’m stuck with that

May 3, 2011 at 4:39pm

hello David,
I’m sorry for the vagueness…
would you sketch me a patch to display a png on a videoplane?
I’m stuck with that

May 3, 2011 at 4:50pm

ok, now i’m really confused where you are having a problem. it’s the same method you described above:
png >> jit.qt.movie >> jit.gl.videoplane
just play with the attributes I mentioned above, but again you aren’t really explaining what you mean by “inject”
db

May 3, 2011 at 4:50pm

ok, now i’m really confused where you are having a problem. it’s the same method you described above:
png >> jit.qt.movie >> jit.gl.videoplane
just play with the attributes I mentioned above, but again you aren’t really explaining what you mean by “inject”
db

May 3, 2011 at 6:49pm

David,
I found my way by using blending (basic default mode 6 7) between 2 videoplanes.

by “inject”, I wanted to explain the fact I had already one videoplane displaying my video + subtitles AND I wanted to “add” (understand: to blend/mix) another video matrix.

I did that with
jit.qt.movie — jit.gl.videoplane with blend/layer etc.

thanks again
I improved my patch (and knowledge :)

May 3, 2011 at 6:49pm

David,
I found my way by using blending (basic default mode 6 7) between 2 videoplanes.

by “inject”, I wanted to explain the fact I had already one videoplane displaying my video + subtitles AND I wanted to “add” (understand: to blend/mix) another video matrix.

I did that with

thanks again

May 3, 2011 at 6:52pm

David,

I did that with

thanks again

May 3, 2011 at 6:52pm

David,

I did that with

thanks again

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.