How to empty a Poly~?

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:15pm

How to empty a Poly~?

I’m wondering if there’s a way to empty all instance of poly. I would have assumed “voices 0″ or “dispose” might do it, but according to the references, no dice.

Just wondering if there’s a way to solve these two issues: 1) loading a poly with voices 0 still technically loads a patch, you can see it creates an object in the main patcher on load. 2) changing voices to 0 after loading a jit.gl.gridshape object I would hope would remove the instance of the 3D object.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Thanks!

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:14pm

Unfortunately I can’t get your posted patches to work (jit.gl.material is missing on my system? And it can’t find the render context).

But,

You could save an empty patcher with just the right number of in- and outlets and have that loaded into the poly by sending “patchername emptypatch.maxpat”.

Then, regardless of the voices, you are sure that no processing takes place in the poly.

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:14pm

Unfortunately I can’t get your posted patches to work (jit.gl.material is missing on my system? And it can’t find the render context).

But,

You could save an empty patcher with just the right number of in- and outlets and have that loaded into the poly by sending “patchername emptypatch.maxpat”.

Then, regardless of the voices, you are sure that no processing takes place in the poly.

Dec 3, 2011 at 12:45am

it still loads one instance.

Dec 3, 2011 at 12:45am

it still loads one instance.

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:34am

Oops, yeah, sorry, Max6 patches.

I see, so you’re saying loading a “blank” into the poly. That might work. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that.

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:34am

Oops, yeah, sorry, Max6 patches.

I see, so you’re saying loading a “blank” into the poly. That might work. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.