Forums > Jitter

How to fill/display a jitter matrix quickly

January 18, 2011 | 5:39 am

Hello,

I am working on a project that involves driving a 40 RGB LED grid arranged in a 4×10 rectangle. I’d like some way of visualizing the data generated by my Max patch inside of the patch (before being sent to the LEDs), and have been attempting to use a jit.matrix.

I currently have 40 generator patches outputting data from 3 line objects each for R, G, and B. I then send those values to three separate multisliders. Each of the multisliders is then connected to a jit.fill object that fills one of the three dimensions of a jit.matrix, which is then connected to a jit.pwindow.

The problem is that when all 120 line objects are triggered, the jit.pwindow displays the values it received with a long delay and no longer smoothly.

I’d like to find an efficient and effective way to send R G B data from 120 separate line objects so that the jit.pwindow displays the information in real time, without choppiness or delay.

Thoughts?

Attachments:
  1. Matrixtest.maxpat

January 18, 2011 | 10:07 am

I think your problem is each multislider outputs a list of 40 numbers for each value you send it, so you are sending jit.fill 40×120 numbers instead of just the 120 you need. You could avoid jit.fill and use the ‘setcell’ message to directly control cell values like this:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)