How to flip an image in jit.pwindow? (jit.freenect HELP!)

Apr 28, 2011 at 4:10pm

How to flip an image in jit.pwindow? (jit.freenect HELP!)

Hi guys,

I’m in the process of creating a patch using the jit.freenect.grab object.
All I’m trying to work out is how to horizontally flip the RGB image. Currently the RGB image is being sent into a jit.pwindow object. I have searched the forums for a message command to do this but so far have only been able to find commands for the jit.window object.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Apr 28, 2011 at 5:24pm

I don’t have a kinect (yet!), but if it is just a standard RGB matrix, have a look at jit.dimmap to flip the matrix any which way you like

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:06pm

jit.pwindow, like jit.matrix, uses srcdimstrt srcdimend and dstdimstrt, etc. messages. You can (among other transformations) flip the image horizontally using these. Check Jitter tutorial 14 – part of which explicitly describes how to flip a matrix – and then the jit.pwindow help file (that is the place to start, rather than the forums)…

Apr 29, 2011 at 5:43pm

jit.rota will also do the trick…

Apr 30, 2011 at 4:31pm

Thanks a lot guys. This info was a massive help. jit.dimmap is what I went for. If any of you are interested I will be sharing my patch once its finished. It is basically just a synth you play using kinect. For the most part the presets are designed for applications in ambient music.

Thanks again.

Mar 26, 2014 at 7:01pm

though this question has been solved, i would like very much to share my method about how to flip image horizontally.hope it is useful.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.