Forums > MaxMSP

How to get Wii remote to talk to Max?

July 2, 2009 | 7:51 pm

I have just got a Wii remote controller and was trying to pair it with my MacBook pro and it seems unsuscessfull-i don’t know the code to enter since there is no such in the instructions of the Wii, and then i was intending to send data from Wii via bluetooth to Max thinking maybe i should use the hi object.But for now i can’t get them to pair and it doesn’t show in the menu of the hi object. Help please!

July 2, 2009 | 10:43 pm

aka.wiimote works, but I’ve sometimes found it temperamental when trying to use the IR sensor.

Then there is the program OSCulator, which can be used to gather the wiiremote movement info and send it into max as osc – I downloaded that a while ago, but not used it yet, so I can’t offer any advice on how to use it.

aka.wiimote (there’s some other really cool externals there too)

http://www.iamas.ac.jp/~aka/max/

July 3, 2009 | 1:14 pm

Also upgraded aka object called disis.aka.wiimote.
And stay up to date on Osculator as well
Cheers

July 7, 2009 | 8:56 pm

anya: Choose "any unit" (or whatever it’s called in English in the Bluetooth setup assistant.

Press next.

Then press the "security code" button (or whatever it’s called in English) to the left. Then choose "don’t use security code with this unit".

That should do it.

However, it seems establishing a connection between the Wiimote and the MacBook Pro is very temperamental. It worked fine yesterday, today I can’t get it to work at all …

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)