How to include a library into externals?

Jan 2, 2008 at 2:58pm

How to include a library into externals?

Dear all,
I’m just finished to write a simple Flac reader for MaxMSP.

However, I’m still not able to include a library ( libFLAC.8.0.1.dylib ) into it.
So I need to install the whole flac dmg library into any computer that wants to use my external…

Does somebody know how could I do it?

Thanks,
Bruno

#35180
Jan 2, 2008 at 4:44pm

On OSX, you can put it in the conents/resources folder of the external
as long as you make it so your external can load the dylib from there
using otool or other methods. On Windows (which I don’t know as much
about), I believe you’ll have to put the dll in Max46/support.

wes

On Jan 2, 2008 6:58 AM, Bruno Zamborlin wrote:
>
> Dear all,
> I’m just finished to write a simple Flac reader for MaxMSP.
>
> However, I’m still not able to include a library ( libFLAC.8.0.1.dylib ) into it.
> So I need to install the whole flac dmg library into any computer that wants to use my external…
>
> Does somebody know how could I do it?
>
> Thanks,
> Bruno
> –
> Bruno
>
> http://www.brunozamborlin.com
> http://www.myspace.com/brunozamborlin
>

#119542
Jan 3, 2008 at 11:00am

Thank you Wes for attention.
I already tried to put libraries into Contents/Resources and fix paths using otool and install_name_tool. However, it doesn’t want to work.

I’m beginning to think that Max copies the external in a place like “/tmp” or something before loading it.. but I’m not sure..
I’ll take time to check it more deeply
Thanks again

Quote: wesley.hoke@gmail.com wrote on Wed, 02 January 2008 17:44
—————————————————-
> On OSX, you can put it in the conents/resources folder of the external
> as long as you make it so your external can load the dylib from there
> using otool or other methods. On Windows (which I don’t know as much
> about), I believe you’ll have to put the dll in Max46/support.
>
> wes
>
> On Jan 2, 2008 6:58 AM, Bruno Zamborlin wrote:
> >
> > Dear all,
> > I’m just finished to write a simple Flac reader for MaxMSP.
> >
> > However, I’m still not able to include a library ( libFLAC.8.0.1.dylib ) into it.
> > So I need to install the whole flac dmg library into any computer that wants to use my external…
> >
> > Does somebody know how could I do it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bruno
> > –
> > Bruno
> >
> > http://www.brunozamborlin.com
> > http://www.myspace.com/brunozamborlin
> >
>
—————————————————-

#119543
Jan 3, 2008 at 2:40pm

Bruno Zamborlin wrote:
> Thank you Wes for attention.
> I already tried to put libraries into Contents/Resources and fix paths using otool and install_name_tool. However, it doesn’t want to work.
>
> I’m beginning to think that Max copies the external in a place like “/tmp” or something before loading it.. but I’m not sure..

I usually put libraries in the same folder as my externals and use
relative link to them. Not as elegant as putting them inside the bundle
but it seems to work fine.

Olaf

#119544

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.