Forums > MaxMSP

how to make an interactive whiteboard out of wii remote like johnny lee does

December 29, 2008 | 8:46 pm

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows how to create an interactive whiteboard how johnny lee does on youtube.

He uses but i was wondering if it was possible to do with max msp and if anyone knew how to do it?

Thank you very much in advance!!!

December 31, 2008 | 2:21 am

Quote: djfuzerebirth@gmail.com wrote on Mon, 29 December 2008 14:46
—————————————————-
> Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows how to create an interactive whiteboard how johnny lee does on youtube.
>
> He uses but i was wondering if it was possible to do with max msp and if anyone knew how to do it?
>
> Thank you very much in advance!!!
—————————————————-

aka.wiimote (OSX) –> max –> LCD etc. –> whatever else you want to do in Max. Once you get the wiimote working the rest is all about design and functionality, takes time but is not complex, if you know some Max.

Through some Java trickery (in the java-in-max [mxj] object) you could send keystrokes or clicks to other apps too… PowerPoint using a wii through Max, for your next big corporate presentation? Be sure to dress business casual.

January 3, 2009 | 11:40 pm

Another method is to use OSCulator to get the data from the wiimote and send it to Max via OSC packets. They explain the details on the website.

http://www.osculator.net/wiki/

January 4, 2009 | 6:58 pm

thaankyou very much both of you! I will look into it further!

January 4, 2009 | 7:27 pm

i use OSCulator to drive a max/msp based live sounddesign application, works like a charm.

jrp

January 5, 2009 | 12:41 pm

Dont think OSCulator will let you calibrate the wiimote to the white board. check out wiimote whiteboard. It will let you calibrate the Wiimote and it also will let you send TUIO messages to max. Ive tried it but i can’t get it to calibrate properly…boo :-<

January 5, 2009 | 3:49 pm

I looked at Johnny Lee’s website, you should be able to find all info necessary to have a whiteboard running there. Additionally i found, that OSCulator does read the IR data, so even if it can’t communicate with Whiteboard in the first place directly, and eventual alteration could easily be discussed with Camille, teh developper of OSCulator, who appeared o be a very responsive person to me in the past, always open to new inventional ideas.

jrp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)