Forums > Gear

How to Output Video from MBP to 4 Antique Televisions?

April 27, 2014 | 2:36 am

For an art project, I’d like to have four different videos playing on four different 1950s/1960s televisions at the same time. I don’t need audio to output from the TVs. It seems the easiest way to do this is from Max on my rMBP but I have no clue how to do this. Is there a piece of hardware that makes this possible? Like a four channel video output interface? Thanks in advance.

April 27, 2014 | 1:44 pm

If they are all displaying the same image, you probably just a splitter. If you want to control independent video on each TV, you may need an external breakout box. I think the HIS Multiview will do it (up to 6 displays). Not sure about the adapters used with the HIS Multiview but the final stage of each connection will be something like: —-> TV RF modulator/converter —> coaxial cable —-> TV Matching Transformer —> antenna screws on your TV.

April 27, 2014 | 5:24 pm

Thanks for the info metamax. I need to control independent video on each TV. Do you know of a breakout box with multiple outputs built-in? So I don’t have to buy four seperate HIS Multiviews.

April 27, 2014 | 7:35 pm

This looks like the ticket…

Sabrent UGA-2K-195 + Sabrent HB-ULMS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)