Forums > MaxMSP

how to set sound output to specific sound card

May 13, 2013 | 12:25 pm

hey forum,

i am making a simple 4 channel sound player for an installation. since the installation is running for some time, it has to power on and off automatically. everything works fine, except once in a while max chooses the wrong soundcard for the patch, and my sound is channeled to the internal speakers, and not my soundcard!

i figured out that with ‘adstatus option 1′, i can populate a list with available soundcards, but the list is populated in a different order sometimes, making me choose the wrong soundcard.

is it possible to choose the soundcard from the name it has, ie. something like ‘adstatus option "M-Audio FireWire 410"‘?

alternatively compare the created list with the name of the soundcard somehow, and then choose the right number on the list?

thank you,

jacob
<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

May 19, 2013 | 3:32 am

ok, i ended up figuring this out myself:

with some zl compare, zl delace and uzi tricks i managed to iterate through the list, and select the wanted option, if there was a match by name with the soundcard i was interested in.
<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>
having a way to specify soundcard by name directly through adstatus would be nice though, to keep things simple.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)