Forums > Max For Live

How to sync Ms Pinky with Ableton's global tempo and warp markers.

April 29, 2012 | 3:57 am

Hello there,
New to the forums/new to Max. I'm a DJ using Ableton and Ms Pinky (Mastahlee's revision) – http://mspinky.com/ to scratch in Ableton. The way it works is that you launch your clip in Ableton and the Max4Live plugin plays the source audio file and you scratch using a connected turntable.

At the moment, the patch plays audio that is a separate entity entirely from what is playing in Ableton since it's not referencing Ableton's warping modifications, only the original source audio.

With my limited knowledge of Max in mind, what modifications would be necessary to have Ms Pinky playing the warped Ableton audio and still reference the global tempo? Would this involve using hostsync? Would I need to have a MIDI track sending bangs to Max?

I would upload the patch but it's useless to you if you don't have the Ms Pinky externals that you need to buy from them. If anyone would like me to, I'll upload it if you just need to see it in Max or you have Ms Pinky. I have uploaded 2 images so you can see what this looks like.

To be clear, the goal is to be Ableton to launch two simultaneous clips in Ableton, one with Ms Pinky, one without, and be able to scratch and still have it sync with Ableton's global tempo and stay in sync with the other tracks.

Thanks for your time. Let me know if you need any more information from me or if I can be clearer in any way.

[attachment=192441,3787] [attachment=192441,3788]

Attachments:
  1. MsPinkyBaazarEdit.png

October 10, 2013 | 12:50 pm

No one seems to have an answer?

March 20, 2014 | 4:37 pm

Are you still interested?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)