Forums > MaxMSP

How to use cues in this?

May 3, 2011 | 4:56 am

This patch actually pretty much works exactly how I want it too. I just want to add a cue to sfplay to make it so the recordings are played back at random points, instead of repeating at the beginning of the file.

Could anyone show me how to put it so it selects from maybe 3 random cues to play for the files every time?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

May 3, 2011 | 7:21 am

to just get random starting points, you may want to consider "seek" messages instead of defining a bunch of cues. start the sf with (seek $1). you seem to be using a fixed recording length, so your $1 variable you could be 5000 to [* 0.] and in the right inlet of the multiply, generate random values between 0 and 1. then have a trigger hit the random and then the seek.
aren’t you worried about clicks though? the patch seem strange but you say it behaves how you want so i probably just don’t understand your intended use.

May 3, 2011 | 7:21 am

to just get random starting points, you may want to consider "seek" messages instead of defining a bunch of cues. start the sf with (seek $1). you seem to be using a fixed recording length, so your $1 variable you could be 5000 to [* 0.] and in the right inlet of the multiply, generate random values between 0 and 1. then have a trigger hit the random and then the seek.
aren’t you worried about clicks though? the patch seem strange but you say it behaves how you want so i probably just don’t understand your intended use.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)