Forums > MaxMSP

How to use PRESET with patchers and abstractions ?

all
November 22, 2011 | 1:52 pm

Hi,

I would like to use one "preset" object to save all parameters of my project.
However, my project content somes patchers and abstraction (in bpatcher) in which the parameters are not saved.
how to make so that a object preset saves all the parameters of all the patcher and all abstractions?

Best regards

Alexandre

November 22, 2011 | 2:09 pm

am working with that exact issue right now… if you want to use preset, you’ll need placeholder objects outside the subpatches and abstractions, and the preset attaches to these, which then go back into the subpatches and abstractions. use a "set $1" to avoid loops.

Depending on the number of objects, you might use [pattrstorage] instead. I ended up going that route, and while it takes a bit to set up, it will handle all subpatchers and abstractions with @greedy 1. It will also eliminate a ton of patch cords!

example below for using preset and placeholders. you can hide pretty much everything if you want.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

all
November 22, 2011 | 6:56 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
Yes, I currently make like that but wanted to know if there were a simpler and more direct way to do that, kind to connect a object "preset" with an object "thispatcher" in the abstraction… in this spirit….

Thank you

Alexandre

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)