how to: vertical slice of a picture into a list…

Oct 27, 2008 at 4:56pm

how to: vertical slice of a picture into a list…

Hi Jitteries,

I am still a newbie on Jitter:

I want to track vertical slices of a picture (1 plane) into a
multislider and tried jit.spill. I am not sure if this at all the way to
go, it seems jit.spill is spilling out the horizontal rows, but I need
the vertical collumns…
Ok, I jit.rota by 90 degrees, but for just exchanging y and x that seems
overkill for me (takes really long and there should be no trigonometric
calculations necessary for that for sure…)
Another problem is, jit.spill seems to be limited to a max length of
1024 (I need at least 4096 or better more…)

That’s what I tried so far, it works but I am sure there are better ways
to do it…

Any hints to optimize or to do it simply different are appreciated…

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

#40532
Oct 27, 2008 at 5:21pm

hi stephan, im not sure whats the best way to spit out values to a
multislider (and i dont have max5 to see the patch) but an efficient way to
“rotate” a matrix (row-to-colum) is using jit.transpose.
on second touhgt, you cna use the jit.scanwarp with a one row size , in one
of its mode (spew?) it will except a matrix and spit out consecutive matrix
until its empty.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Stefan Tiedje
wrote:

> Hi Jitteries,
>
> I am still a newbie on Jitter:
>
> I want to track vertical slices of a picture (1 plane) into a multislider
> and tried jit.spill. I am not sure if this at all the way to go, it seems
> jit.spill is spilling out the horizontal rows, but I need the vertical
> collumns…
> Ok, I jit.rota by 90 degrees, but for just exchanging y and x that seems
> overkill for me (takes really long and there should be no trigonometric
> calculations necessary for that for sure…)
> Another problem is, jit.spill seems to be limited to a max length of 1024
> (I need at least 4096 or better more…)
>
> That’s what I tried so far, it works but I am sure there are better ways to
> do it…
>
> Any hints to optimize or to do it simply different are appreciated…
>
>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

>
> –
> Stefan Tiedje————x——-
> –_____———–|————–
> –(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
> — _|_)—-|—–()————–
> ———-()——–www.ccmix.com
>
>

#143498
Oct 27, 2008 at 5:45pm

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

On Oct 27, 2008, at 12:56 PM, Stefan Tiedje wrote:

> Hi Jitteries,
>
> I am still a newbie on Jitter:
>
> I want to track vertical slices of a picture (1 plane) into a
> multislider and tried jit.spill. I am not sure if this at all the
> way to go, it seems jit.spill is spilling out the horizontal rows,
> but I need the vertical collumns…
> Ok, I jit.rota by 90 degrees, but for just exchanging y and x that
> seems overkill for me (takes really long and there should be no
> trigonometric calculations necessary for that for sure…)
> Another problem is, jit.spill seems to be limited to a max length of
> 1024 (I need at least 4096 or better more…)
>
> That’s what I tried so far, it works but I am sure there are better
> ways to do it…
>
> Any hints to optimize or to do it simply different are appreciated…
>
>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

>
> —
> Stefan Tiedje————x——-
> –_____———–|————–
> –(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
> — _|_)—-|—–()————–
> ———-()——–www.ccmix.com
>

#143499
Oct 27, 2008 at 6:10pm

joshua goldberg schrieb:
> ———-begin_max5_patcher———-

Thanks at both of you that gets me going…

yair reshef schrieb:
> hi stephan, im not sure whats the best way to spit out values to a
> multislider (and i dont have max5 to see the patch) but an efficient way
> to “rotate” a matrix (row-to-colum) is using jit.transpose.

perfect, and good to know…

> on second touhgt, you cna use the jit.scanwarp with a one row size , in
> one of its mode (spew?) it will except a matrix and spit out consecutive
> matrix until its empty.

I guess I can live with Joshuas proposal, jit.scanwarp doesn’t seem to
be in the official distribution btw…

Thanks a lot,

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

This post seems to contain a broken pasted patch. This can happen if you don’t copy the entire “———-begin_max5_patcher———-” or “———–end_max5_patcher———–” for each and every patch you paste; perhaps you missed a preceding or trailing “-” when you copied the patch? Please notify the Cycling 74 web team if you think it is a bug.

#143500
Oct 27, 2008 at 6:23pm

he’s thinking of jit.scanwrap. and definitely using jit.submatrix to
jit.thin is the most efficient way of getting a single column as a
matrix. transposing is slow.

On Oct 27, 2008, at 2:10 PM, Stefan Tiedje wrote:

> joshua goldberg schrieb:
> > ———-begin_max5_patcher———-
>
> Thanks at both of you that gets me going…
>
> yair reshef schrieb:
>> hi stephan, im not sure whats the best way to spit out values to a
>> multislider (and i dont have max5 to see the patch) but an
>> efficient way to “rotate” a matrix (row-to-colum) is using
>> jit.transpose.
>
> perfect, and good to know…
>
>> on second touhgt, you cna use the jit.scanwarp with a one row
>> size , in one of its mode (spew?) it will except a matrix and spit
>> out consecutive matrix until its empty.
>
> I guess I can live with Joshuas proposal, jit.scanwarp doesn’t seem
> to be in the official distribution btw…
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Stefan
>
> —
> Stefan Tiedje————x——-
> –_____———–|————–
> –(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
> — _|_)—-|—–()————–
> ———-()——–www.ccmix.com
>

This post seems to contain a broken pasted patch. This can happen if you don’t copy the entire “———-begin_max5_patcher———-” or “———–end_max5_patcher———–” for each and every patch you paste; perhaps you missed a preceding or trailing “-” when you copied the patch? Please notify the Cycling 74 web team if you think it is a bug.

#143501
Oct 27, 2008 at 7:11pm

good to know

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 8:23 PM, joshua goldberg wrote:

> he’s thinking of jit.scanwrap. and definitely using jit.submatrix to
> jit.thin is the most efficient way of getting a single column as a matrix.
> transposing is slow.
>
>
> On Oct 27, 2008, at 2:10 PM, Stefan Tiedje wrote:
>
> joshua goldberg schrieb:
>> > ———-begin_max5_patcher———-
>>
>> Thanks at both of you that gets me going…
>>
>> yair reshef schrieb:
>>
>>> hi stephan, im not sure whats the best way to spit out values to a
>>> multislider (and i dont have max5 to see the patch) but an efficient way to
>>> “rotate” a matrix (row-to-colum) is using jit.transpose.
>>>
>>
>> perfect, and good to know…
>>
>> on second touhgt, you cna use the jit.scanwarp with a one row size , in
>>> one of its mode (spew?) it will except a matrix and spit out consecutive
>>> matrix until its empty.
>>>
>>
>> I guess I can live with Joshuas proposal, jit.scanwarp doesn’t seem to be
>> in the official distribution btw…
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>>
>> Stefan
>>
>> –
>> Stefan Tiedje————x——-
>> –_____———–|————–
>> –(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
>> — _|_)—-|—–()————–
>> ———-()——–www.ccmix.com
>>
>>
>
>

This post seems to contain a broken pasted patch. This can happen if you don’t copy the entire “———-begin_max5_patcher———-” or “———–end_max5_patcher———–” for each and every patch you paste; perhaps you missed a preceding or trailing “-” when you copied the patch? Please notify the Cycling 74 web team if you think it is a bug.

#143502
Oct 28, 2008 at 5:54pm

joshua goldberg schrieb:
> he’s thinking of jit.scanwrap. and definitely using jit.submatrix to
> jit.thin is the most efficient way of getting a single column as a
> matrix. transposing is slow.

ah, typo… ;-)

All is fine now btw…


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

#143503
Oct 28, 2008 at 8:12pm

Here’s a mod of Joshua’s patch, using [mxj list.Queue]

best,
Zachary

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
#143504

k
Nov 18, 2008 at 9:31pm

just what i was looking for!
cheers guys!

#143505

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.