Forums > MaxMSP

How to write a binary file ?

April 17, 2014 | 8:05 am

Well I don’t really understand how it is even possible but in Max/Msp there is the object [filein] but not [fileout] I tried with [Text] object but It doesn’t like ANSI so for my project I can’t do anything with it. I read is it possible to write binary file with Javascript inside Maxmsp but I’m really bad with it. I tried to find an Object searching Maxobject.com but nothing useful, that’s strange that nobody seems intersted by that basic function :/ Did I missed something?

April 17, 2014 | 12:40 pm

There are many kinds of binary file. What are you trying to write?

April 17, 2014 | 4:51 pm

for me there is just one type of binary writing, the one which allow you to write byte by byte a file, I mean all I was searching for is a way to write a file like that, since I’ve find a another solution to my problem, (by changing the langage of my software avoiding it use special caracter)

but it’s not normal that I can’t use that way with a software like Max/Msp if they have [filein] they do have at least [fileout] that’s not serious at all :((

Be cursed Cycling74 you don’t do what I’m dreaming for :(

• This reply was modified 4 months by  djlbe.

April 18, 2014 | 12:28 pm

You can write binary files using Javascript.

April 24, 2014 | 10:57 am

AS I’ve already said, I kno< that javascript is able to do that, my question still, why a powerful envirronement like max msp dosen’t allow you with one object to create a file byte by byte, that’ss stupid :(

April 24, 2014 | 12:24 pm

I’ve missed this functionality too so i created it :)

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic/sharing-mxj-fileout/

Hope this helps out if not just ask and i’ll try my best…

April 24, 2014 | 12:47 pm

Thank you Frid !!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)