Forums > Jitter

how to write and implement a Cg shader?

December 8, 2007 | 3:25 pm

Hi,

There is in the jitter documentation only a chapter how to write and implement GLSL shaders in the jitter format .jxs

Where can i get documentation how to write and implement a Cg shader in the jitter format .jxs?

What is the best to learn and go for, GLSL or Cg?
Is there somebody how knows a free and good GLSL/Cg shader editor with debugging for MacOS x?

Thanks, grzz, BartBITter


December 8, 2007 | 6:40 pm

On Dec 8, 2007 7:25 AM, bart wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> There is in the jitter documentation only a chapter how to write and implement GLSL shaders in the jitter format .jxs
>
>
> Where can i get documentation how to write and implement a Cg shader in the jitter format .jxs?

see jitter-shaders/material/mat.phong.cg.jxs

> What is the best to learn and go for, GLSL or Cg?

The Cg Tutorial: The Definitive Guide to Programmable Real-Time Graphics

http://www.amazon.com/Cg-Tutorial-Definitive-Programmable-Real-Time/dp/0321194969

> Is there somebody how knows a free and good GLSL/Cg shader editor with debugging for MacOS x?
>

Never heard of one. I doubt one exists but if someone does know of
such a thing I would love to hear about it.

wes


December 8, 2007 | 6:54 pm

I am sometimes using a program that comes with xcode,
called glsleditorsample. if your files have extensions like .vert or
.frag, this is the default program. or are you looking for something
more sophisticated?
marius.

Wesley Smith wrote:
> On Dec 8, 2007 7:25 AM, bart wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There is in the jitter documentation only a chapter how to write and implement GLSL shaders in the jitter format .jxs
>>
>>
>> Where can i get documentation how to write and implement a Cg shader in the jitter format .jxs?
>
> see jitter-shaders/material/mat.phong.cg.jxs
>
>> What is the best to learn and go for, GLSL or Cg?
>
> The Cg Tutorial: The Definitive Guide to Programmable Real-Time Graphics
> http://www.amazon.com/Cg-Tutorial-Definitive-Programmable-Real-Time/dp/0321194969
>
>> Is there somebody how knows a free and good GLSL/Cg shader editor with debugging for MacOS x?
>>
>
> Never heard of one. I doubt one exists but if someone does know of
> such a thing I would love to hear about it.
>
> wes
>


December 9, 2007 | 7:50 pm

2 x thanks

So i have to buy the book but it is too expensive for now.
I will check glsleditorsample.

It doesn’t have to be sophisticated because i wanna try if it is possible for me to get into shaders but a little debugger and a few examples how to start helps a lot.

Grzz, Bart


December 9, 2007 | 7:56 pm

The book is good for learning shader design like how to build your own
per-pixel lighting shader or how to do reflection and refraction. If
you want to know more about the Cg spec, download the documentation
from Nvidia’s site. You can probably find shaders online and teach
yourself without having to buy the book if it’s too expensive.

wes

On Dec 9, 2007 11:50 AM, bart wrote:
>
> 2 x thanks
>
> So i have to buy the book but it is too expensive for now.
> I will check glsleditorsample.
>
>
> It doesn’t have to be sophisticated because i wanna try if it is possible for me to get into shaders but a little debugger and a few examples how to start helps a lot.
>
> Grzz, Bart
>
>


Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)