Forums > MaxMSP

I broke a max-ref file; and you can help!

June 27, 2012 | 9:28 am

Hi
I named a coll object "scale" and consequently broke the xml reference file for the [scale] object. To save me having to do a full reinstall could a kind and helpful person please post the following document:

/patches/docs/refpages/max-ref/scale.maxref.xml

thanks so much

Brendan

June 27, 2012 | 9:53 am

Brendan, where is your backup?

The file is attached

June 27, 2012 | 11:14 am

Patrick,
brand new laptop, backup not done yet. Yes, my bad

and thanks!

Brendan

June 27, 2012 | 1:06 pm

So, what did you end up getting? ; )

June 27, 2012 | 1:29 pm

Hi spectro

Budget restraints led me to an ASUS N55 quad-core i5 2GB vram with Bang and Olufsen speakers. Sales girl tried DAMN hard to sell me a more expensive lower spec’d MBP but I decided to put need before want! I could have stretched to £1.2k, but the ASUS left me enough change for a new soundcard, Bamboo tablet, and DIY materials. The MBP would have fleeced me.

Quite happy with it, sound and graphics are f*kn unbelievable, keyboard a little unusual (I prefer chiclet layout).

Brendan

June 27, 2012 | 5:17 pm

Cool. Hope it serves you well, and it sounds like you got more bang for your buck anyway…
As for me, I’m just going see how long this tired old MBP (late 2007) will keep going. The way things appear to be going with iApple, I’m not sure I will be so inclined to follow, regardless of the fact that I first got a Mac some time in the early 90s, (mainly to use Opcode Max!) and have had one or another around as a workhorse ever since.. These days, they’ve pretty much turned the tables on "1984" which now can be read as an unintended parody of their keynotes of recent times. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8 .

Didn’t mean to derail the thread but I think you’re sorted anyway…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)