I feel stupid…

Jun 6, 2013 at 9:19am

I feel stupid…

Hey, again, guys. Okay, right now, I’m feeling really stupid, because I can NEVER get [poly~] to work right. I’ve followed tutorials over and over and they generally don’t work for me. I’m sure that there’s some common denominator that I’m missing over and over, but I can’t find it. Honestly, it almost seems like a stroke of luck if it works. I’ve checked my other synth patches that are polyphonic, and I see no difference between them. Here’s the patch that I’m specifically talking about:

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

Please bare with me and my seemingly constant problems with this program. Your patience and advice is much appreciated.

Jun 6, 2013 at 9:37am

Can you post both patches? Can’t tell from this without the poly~ voice patch.

Jun 6, 2013 at 9:52am

This is the [poly~] voice patch:

<code>

</code>

EDIT: And inside of the [poly~] voice patch, there is this saved patcher:

<code>

</code>

Jun 6, 2013 at 10:02am

Your pitch and velocity list need to go in the first inlet with the midinote message, and they need to go through prepend. (AFAIK the first inlet is special in regards to handling voices, so you’ll need to alter your poly~ voice accordingly)

I strongly recommend using send/receive for getting your controls into the poly~ voices instead of inlet and outlet. (there’s a thread in the last week where I discuss poly~ strategies in detail–I think it was granular related) If you want to use the inlets as they are now, you have to send the “target 0″ message before each message so that all copies (and just not the active one) receive them. I recommend send/receive for this reason, since it’s way simpler.

Jun 6, 2013 at 10:28am

I had no idea about the pitch/velocity thing. Thank you very much!

Also, do you mean using receive inside of the [poly~] patch itself and send on the outside of [poly~] to send my control messages?

Jun 6, 2013 at 10:37am

Glad to help. Yes, re: send/receive.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.