Forums > MaxMSP

ICST Multisource trajectory Issues

May 5, 2008 | 10:47 pm

Hi folks,
I’ve developed a patch for Live surround performance and have started to have issues with only one of my 8 sources being distributed to the rear speakers. I’m working with a quad speaker array. I have an ambimonitor for each of my sources with its co-ordinates being controlled via my Kaoss pad but only the first input on the ambiencode is distributing to all four channels. The rest of them are being distributed only to the first 2 (front) speakers in the array. Anybody got any idea as to why this is happening? According to the ambimonitor help each source should be able to take trajectory cordinates from ambimonitor to give seperate trajectories.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Conor

May 6, 2008 | 5:54 am

without a patch showing what you want to achieve it’s very hard to say
where the problem might be.

/*j

May 6, 2008 | 11:38 am

May 7, 2008 | 2:33 am

Bump :)

May 7, 2008 | 6:46 am

patch?

On 07.05.2008, at 04:33, Conor wrote:

>
> Bump :)

May 7, 2008 | 6:57 am

sorry the patches didn’t make it to the mailing list.
and the way you posted them on the forum is unusable (to me at least).

please simplify the patch, trimming it down to the area in question,
so that we can see your usage and problem in one compact patch without
having to decipher an entire idiosyncratic live-performance patch.

or try posting a zipped archive with everything in it, preferably as a
URL for download.

/*J

On 07.05.2008, at 04:33, Conor wrote:

>
> Bump :)

May 14, 2008 | 1:43 pm

May 15, 2008 | 7:55 am

Ok, here it is.

Your problem is of conceptual nature. You are using one GUI object per voice. These objects are all talking to a single audio-object for processing. The way the ambimonitor communicates with the ambiencode~ is that it formats and transmits the point information with a coordinate-type and voice ID. This voice ID is used by the ambiencode~ to know which channel to affect.

The voice ID stays the same if you just duplicate the ambimonitors or in your case the point message feeding the ambimonitor.

There are two ways to address this:

a) Create points with different voice IDs for each ambimonitor:
| aed ID x y z (
ambimonitor 1 -> aed 1 0. 0. 0.
ambimonitor 2 -> aed 2 0. 0. 0.
ambimonitor 3 -> aed 3 0. 0. 0.
etc.

b) We considered this issue of groups in different ambimonitors when we implemented the object. The message | offset $1 ( adds the offset to the voice IDs. Withthis it becomes possible to use several ambimonitors to control the same ambiencode~.

Use either method, not both.

cheers

/*j

May 16, 2008 | 1:56 am

Thanks a million Jasch for the explanation and patch!

Also big thanks for the fantastic externals you have designed my project couldnt be realised without them!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)